Will my partner need a uk police check for 457 visa if previous driving conviction?

paednurse

Hi all, we are just going through the process of completing our application for our 457 visa. I was aware I would need a uk police check as I'm a nurse and we sent of for this weeks ago to avoid delays.

However, on completing the form we had to declare that my partner had a driving disqualification about 7 years ago (for one year). Unfortunately this was in Australia, we were back packing at the time, naughty boy!!

It is obviously be removed now, but was wondering if they were likely to ask for a uk police check for him to because of this? I would rather get on the case now than wait for them to ask but at the same time don't wanna spend more cash unnecessarily!

Anyone experienced something similar?

Guest myaccessaustralia

I doubt it, just declare it and see what happens. You might get a picky case officer who will want one. For traffic related offences, i generally but a detailed statement which is generally sufficient. And you can submit a statement after lodgement if you lodged the 457 online

You want to submit a statement, let me know and I'll provide a more detailed answer (its fri, brain not functioning)

Guest Allena

Ooops, do they take into account these type of offences?! I thought it's not important. My husband also was disqualified for 2 years and has received new driving license half a year ago. But this is an administrative offence which I did not expect to be counted. We have already lodged our application and said "No" to all questions in the last part. Do you think we have to provide additional details and inform DIAC of such matters?

Archived