any advice

Guest floridian

Guest floridian

hi. just wondered if there is anybody on here who is an ex royal navy marine engineer mechanic

.. if so can anyone offer some good advice for a 25year single lad seriously looking into relocating to OZ.

i.e. which is the best area to start looking for job and what job is most sought after in this field.

cheers..:smile:

Guest jjthefridge

Hi,

I'm an Ex Pomem(L) i left mob 3 1/2 years ago, i'm now a refrigeration engineer have been since i left, couldn't tell you best area's to look, we're looking at going to Brisbane area, all i can think to do is checked what jobs are in demand in aus.

j.j.

Guest Gollywobbler
hi. just wondered if there is anybody on here who is an ex royal navy marine engineer mechanic

.. if so can anyone offer some good advice for a 25year single lad seriously looking into relocating to OZ.

i.e. which is the best area to start looking for job and what job is most sought after in this field.

cheers..:smile:

Hello Floridian

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

At your age and single, you are young enough to take a year or two out to go and explore Australia thoroughly on a Working Holiday Marker visa. This might be the best option for you at this stage. Please see here:

Visa Options - Working Holiday Makers - Visas & Immigration

Once there, you may find an employer who is wiling to sponsor you for residence in Australia. Alternatively or additionally, you may be able to get some Australian qualifications which might help matters along?

Have a look at Booklets 5 & 6, I suggest, which are here:

Applications & Forms - Visas & Immigration

Best wishes

Gill

Archived