Holiday money...best way to take funds into UK

Guest guest17301

Guest guest17301

For people that have travelled back for hols can you tell me the best way to take our spends? Can we just use our Aussie debit cards at UK atms?:unsure:

What I did Fiona was I sent it all to my MIL through a bankdraft and when we got there we just used her card once a week and took out 800euro or something like that at a time, the only reason I did this was because I could'nt handle not knowing what the balance of my account was, but then at the time I never thought I could have just checked my internet banking. Alot of people use Travellers Cheques too.

Yes you can use your Debit card in the Uk just have a look to see what the fees might be for each transaction.

Laney x

Guest The Ropey HOFF

I don't know, but you will feel like a millionaire spending Australian dollars here in the UK because of the chronically crap exchange rate for us trying to emigrate, but Fantastically great for those coming back from Oz or just visiting like yourself, jammy bugga, lol.

Enjoy yourselves.

You should be able to. Debit cards might not always work but CC's should. Just you pay charges on cash withdrawals and get stiffed on the exchange rate.

Some people get those pre paid cards for trips. Our family did this last year so they knew how much they were spending and could use it in stores and so on also.

You didn't happen to leave a UK account open perchance? So you could transfer money to your UK account and use the card with it also.

Archived