Permanent residency - visa entered in UK passport?

akiralx

I have been awarded permanent Aus residency, and received a letter but nothing about having a visa stuck in my UK passport, as was the case when I got the temp residency (spouse visa).

I need to replace my expiring UK passport soon so that visa will disappear anyway. I'm assuming someone here keeps record of these things but if I leave Aus and return how will I demonstrate I have permanent residency, apart from keeping the letter with me (which could be lost...)

Guest The Pom Queen

These days you don't need your visa putting in your passport as its all done online, just make sure you carry your visa grant letter with you

Guest GeorgeD
These days you don't need your visa putting in your passport as its all done online, just make sure you carry your visa grant letter with you

Let DIAC know your new passport number. They can then associate your PR with that new number. that way when you come and go from Australia your visa is attached electronically to your most up to date passport.

If a prospective employer or someone else wants to know about your visa status, either show them that letter or a print out (or better still point them towards) the VEVO wesbite (Visa Entitlement Verification Online) which confirms residency/visa status .

Archived