Shipping dates

Guest Nelson

Guest Nelson

Hi Guys! Just wondering if you guys have any clues on whether to ship after exchange of contracts but before completion of house sale or do you wait for the completion date and ship then. It seems like cutting it a bit fine to me.. answers on a postcard please!

Guest Pasty

Hi Krista

We were told on average it takes 5-6 weeks to get there and then allow 2 weeks for customs clearance. I guess if you're not in a hurry for it, ship when you complete otherwise, ship once you've exchanged and give yourselves 2 weeks less on the journey

Jackie

Guest Missiemo
Hi Guys! Just wondering if you guys have any clues on whether to ship after exchange of contracts but before completion of house sale or do you wait for the completion date and ship then. It seems like cutting it a bit fine to me.. answers on a postcard please!

HI Krista

My honest advice would be wait until you have completed, we recently sold our house and even a week before completion we were still being mucked about by our buyers, we even were told them we were going to put the house back on the market, just be careful I would not want you to do something you may regret.

Missiemo

x

Guest Gollywobbler

HI Krista

My honest advice would be wait until you have completed, we recently sold our house and even a week before completion we were still being mucked about by our buyers, we even were told them we were going to put the house back on the market, just be careful I would not want you to do something you may regret.

Missiemo

x

Hi Mo

Just to add that I agree with you and Krista completely for what it is worth.

Also, you're still saying "19 more sleeps..." Isn't it more like 10 by now? Have fun and have a good flight if we don't get a chance to post to each other again in the meanwhile.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest williams

:) Hi I am new to this, I hope somone can help me .

Can i ship wooden items or would i get a charge for them.

Maz & Daz.

Just a cautionary note on house sales. My buyer failed to complete on the day of completion, and my solicitor only told me as I was in the process of moving into a rented house. What's more, the estate agents had given the key to the "purchaser" already! I was doing it all alone, so it was pretty stressful. The removal men even offered to go round and punch the buyer for me!! So I personally wouldn't advise shipping stuff at exchange, as things can go wrong.

This did have a happy ending, 4 days later, and the buyer had to pay stacks of interest to me, but frankly I could have done without the anxiety. Good luck, hope yours is totally smooth.

Nico

Guest scoop
Can i ship wooden items or would i get a charge for them.

I would check with some shippers mate. Some things are a no no I think and if they do get check and they need treating it can be a hefty charge. I may be wrong but I think sometimes it depends whether you go alone or with a shipper. I believe they tend to check self packer more rigorously?

Hope this helps?

SCoop

x

Archived