163 Visa granted! -- timeline

rosshf

Hi

(I have also posted this on Perthpoms.)

Just found out this morning our 163 Business Skills (provisional) Visa has been granted! Delighted that we are no longer in limbo and now excited about the future. We have two kids (2 years + 5 weeks) and hope to arrive in Perth (NOR) in September. Lots to sort out now. Thought I'd post a timeline of our visa process and included nearly every step as thought it might be useful. We didn't use an agent, but I found the process fairly straightforward.

All the best

Ross

10/06/2011 Paid State Sponsorship fee, posted application

28/07/2011 State sponsorship confirmed

22/08/2011 Posted visa application

29/08/2011 Application charge taken from credit card

05/09/2011 Letter arrived confirming receipt of application

10/11/2011 Received e-mail requesting more info. Sent info by e-mail

11/11/2011 Received e-mail requesting we all get medicals. Sent reply notifying wife was pregnant

29/11/2011 Visa put on hold until baby born

02/05/2012 Son born

03/05/2012 Registered birth -- received birth certificate

04/05/2012 Applied for passport –Fastrack, applied for new Police reports

09/05/2012 Received passport and birth certificate back, got copies notarised, filled in form 1022, e-mailed and posted

10/05/2012 Case Office emailed Health Examinations List and HAP IDs, asking to go for medicals

15/05/2012 Medicals

22/05/2012 Medicals uploaded

23/05/2012 Received Police certificates

24/05/2012 Posted and emailed Police Certificates

28/05/2012 CO said had all medical except wife’s uploaded, Chased medical people

29/05/2012 Panel docs said wife needed urine sample clear of post partum blood

30/05/2012 Received e-mail from HOC also saying about urine sample

31/05/2012 Sample taken to GP, negative, faxed to panel docs

01/06/2012 Uploaded to HOC, I e-mailed CO

07/06/2012 Asked CO if medical cleared yet. No notification yet. I emailed HOC to ask

08/06/2012 Visa granted -- email received

Congratulations! It is great to hear someone has received the 163 - there are not many posts on here about it! We are also applying for 163 and have to do so before deadline of June 30th as they are changing system for these visas. We have sent all paperwork off to agent so hopefully our application will go in very soon. WOuld love to hear what your plans are - are you starting your own business or buying an existing one? It is a long way off for us but we are wondering what the easiest way to do it is to gain the PR in quickest time. Your time line is pretty quick considering it all went on hold for the baby!

Congratulations again and good luck with the exciting move!

Congratulations! It is great to hear someone has received the 163 - there are not many posts on here about it! We are also applying for 163 and have to do so before deadline of June 30th as they are changing system for these visas. We have sent all paperwork off to agent so hopefully our application will go in very soon. WOuld love to hear what your plans are - are you starting your own business or buying an existing one? It is a long way off for us but we are wondering what the easiest way to do it is to gain the PR in quickest time. Your time line is pretty quick considering it all went on hold for the baby!

Congratulations again and good luck with the exciting move!

Hi

Thanks.

Yeah, I reckon we'd have had it granted back in November if my wife hadn't become pregnant. Was very surprised how quickly CO appointed, as expected it to take 13 months in total. Plan is to start a health related business. But I think it may be more sensible to buy an existing business with known turnover and income then be ready to apply for PR after running it for two years. I would then be in a better position to commit money to a new venture -- perhaps my original business plan. No idea what business that would be at this stage, but currently searching the internet. Hopefully once we get there opportunities may arise.

We didn't use an agent as thought we'd have had to gather all the info anyway and that passing it thru a middle man was just an extra step. All the best with your plans, hope it happens quickly for you.

Cheers

Ross

We are thinking now we could actually have done all the paper work ourselves without forking out all the extra money for an agent but you live and learn!

Whereabouts in Perth are you looking to move to? We spent 3 weeks recently staying in Currambine, North perth which was modern but very nice. A lot of Brits in that area which may or may not be your cup of tea!

Our proposed business plan was IT related but I think we too would look at buying an existing business for the initial 2 years.

I suspect our timeline may be longer than yours as with there being a deadline they will be getting a lot of applications before then to process, the agent reckons about 12 months.

It will be worth the wait in the end all going well!

Whereabouts in Perth are you looking to move to? We spent 3 weeks recently staying in Currambine, North perth which was modern but very nice. A lot of Brits in that area which may or may not be your cup of tea!

Our proposed business plan was IT related but I think we too would look at buying an existing business for the initial 2 years.

I suspect our timeline may be longer than yours as with there being a deadline they will be getting a lot of applications before then to process, the agent reckons about 12 months.

It will be worth the wait in the end all going well!

My brother and his family live in Burns Beach and so I've visited the area, so probably looking at Kinross, Currambine, Connolly type of area to start with. Will see how that goes, but hopefully it'll be quite handy for access to an as yet unknown business venture. Just need to sort out some temporary accommodation. Hopefully your process will be quick -- you might be surprised, but I suppose it's useful to think it may take longer so you aren't disappointed.

Cheers

Ross

Archived