Police certificates re-requested, but I don't know why (ACRO certificates already submitted)

simonbrads

Hi guys,

I'm wondering if anyone can offer a possible explanation for this. My wife and I submitted ACRO certificates (both stating NO TRACE) soon after we lodged out application (in early Feb). We had a CO assigned today, and we received a request for additional documents -- including police certificates.

I can't think what might be wrong with what we submitted previously -- and I certainly can't imagine what we can do to improve upon the evidence already submitted.

Is it possible they've been requested by mistake?

Are they requested by default, whether or not they've already been submitted?

I guess I'll have to write to the DIAC to find out exactly what they want and why, but, just in case anyone has experienced the same, or fancied to offer a guess... :)

Thanks,

Simon

P.S. For the curious, the other docs requested were medicals any my sponsor's full birth certificate (long version).

You require Police Certificates for all countries that you have lived in for a total of 12 months over the last 10 years (total can be made up of smaller amounts), we required 2 police certificates each.

Full Birth Certificates are always required.

Re-upload the police certificates? Or tell your CO you have already up loaded them.

Archived