To get PR from 457 visa

lijo2012

Hi, I am a registered Nurse from UK, living in NSW, Australia since 2011 October ( more than six months). I am 32 and lives with my husband (33) and 4 year old son. My husband is having degree in computer science and I have Bsc degree in Nursing. My question is can someone please clarify that I can Apply for PR ( 175 visa) independently.( not employer sponsored PR)...

We both meet point requirements and when I asked an Immigration agent he said the fee will be over 6000 as there is major changes coming after July 1st week... so I have to lodge it before that.

Is there anyone did this before??............please help..........time is running out now....or anyone know any good agents who charge you less for advice........and assistance.........

Thanks guys.......hoping some help..........please help.

Hi, I am a registered Nurse from UK, living in NSW, Australia since 2011 October ( more than six months). I am 32 and lives with my husband (33) and 4 year old son. My husband is having degree in computer science and I have Bsc degree in Nursing. My question is can someone please clarify that I can Apply for PR ( 175 visa) independently.( not employer sponsored PR)...

We both meet point requirements and when I asked an Immigration agent he said the fee will be over 6000 as there is major changes coming after July 1st week... so I have to lodge it before that.

Is there anyone did this before??............please help..........time is running out now....or anyone know any good agents who charge you less for advice........and assistance.........

Thanks guys.......hoping some help..........please help.

If you qualify for it you can apply for it.

The process is changing in July, but immigration is not being stopped. Shortly everyone will follow the new process, there is nothing to panic over. Just imagine, if you had not even thought about immigration until say this time next year, you would just follow the new process and never even know that it had changed.

That said, if you qualify now, have a skills assessment, nothing to stop you applying now. So long as you are good with your paperwork, there is no reason you could not do it yourself and pay just the $3k for the application. I am sure with help from PIO you can do it.

Just to add a quick note on your thread title, you are not "getting PR from 457", the 457 is irrelevant to the process of applying for skilled migration. I am adding as much as anything because there is this myth that 457 visas will turn into PR visas.

If you qualify for it you can apply for it.

The process is changing in July, but immigration is not being stopped. Shortly everyone will follow the new process, there is nothing to panic over. Just imagine, if you had not even thought about immigration until say this time next year, you would just follow the new process and never even know that it had changed.

That said, if you qualify now, have a skills assessment, nothing to stop you applying now. So long as you are good with your paperwork, there is no reason you could not do it yourself and pay just the $3k for the application. I am sure with help from PIO you can do it.

Just to add a quick note on your thread title, you are not "getting PR from 457", the 457 is irrelevant to the process of applying for skilled migration. I am adding as much as anything because there is this myth that 457 visas will turn into PR visas.

Thanks mate.......so the easiest is stay with employer and get employer nominated visa...right?

Archived