457 Visa & police checks

Hi could someone tell me when I should apply for police checks, employer has applied for visa nomination, just awaiting on TRN to start visa application.

do the checks need to be sent directly to immigration or to me, not sure if I should wait until asked to do them or get them done to speed up the process.

I know they will ask for me to work as a nurse

Hope someone can help..!

Guest trasi

Hi Ya.

Just sent my police clearance forms off. You have to have these in order to get your visa. They take 10 days and cost £35 each. Everyone going with you, over the age of 16 will need this done. The report will come back to you and then you send to your employer in oz who files it with the visa application.

This is how it has worked for me anyway, and this is if you live in england. If your wales, ireland or scotland, if may be different, i dont know.

Google 'ACRO' or 'Police clearance' and print the application form off........ easy form really to complete.

I would get it done now, then your ahead of yourself, tho saying that they only take 10 days so its not something you'll be fretting over :)..... im a nurse as well, so yes, you will definately have to have this done.

Good Luck

Trasi

Archived