starting visa application has anyone done it on their own??????

luisem143

Hi Guys, please help!!!!!! I am wanting to start the visa process for a 175 visa and have been contacted by a company called visa bureau, but their fees are £2440 plus vat does that seem alot to anyone???

I am a regsitered nurse and soon to be health visitor so i know I am on the needed skills register, but what i was wondering is has anyone done a visa without using an agency? if so where do I start, i know about the DIAC and ANMAC and also the Ielts but which one first, where do I start soooooooo mouch info :arghh:

I AM SUPER EXCITED ABOUT STARTING THE PROCESS :-) any help will be greatly appreciated xxxxxxx:biggrin:

Hi Guys, please help!!!!!! I am wanting to start the visa process for a 175 visa and have been contacted by a company called visa bureau, but their fees are £2440 plus vat does that seem alot to anyone???

I am a regsitered nurse and soon to be health visitor so i know I am on the needed skills register, but what i was wondering is has anyone done a visa without using an agency? if so where do I start, i know about the DIAC and ANMAC and also the Ielts but which one first, where do I start soooooooo mouch info :arghh:

I AM SUPER EXCITED ABOUT STARTING THE PROCESS :-) any help will be greatly appreciated xxxxxxx:biggrin:

As you start your application now, you will not be able to lodge your visa before 1 July 2012. After that, the Skill Select is applied.

The first step is to do the Skill Assessment, which you can find more information here:

http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/occupations/r/registered-nurses-nec.htm

You also need to take IELTS for Skill Assessment (if required, please recheck) and IELTS band 7 or 8 (each component) to claim point for English ability.

These two will cost a lot of time.

After finishing these, you can apply under the Skill Select and EOI and wait for calling for applying visa.

I cannot tell the exact procedure right now until the deadline 1 July 2012 comes. but this is all I expect to come.

Hi and welcome :smile:

There are lots of people on the board who have done the visa process alone. It is daunting but it can be done, just need to be organised about it.

As a nurse I would start with the ANMAC and IELTS - both can take a while.

ANMAC requires lots of paperwork to be got together - uni transcripts, work references (to their standards) etc. Some of these you have to apply for so that can be another period of waiting. More info from - http://www.anmc.org.au/home

The IELTS test has to be booked and depending on where you are located the test centres can get booked up very quickly - http://www.ielts.org/test_takers_information/find_my_nearest_test_centre.aspx

Nurses have to take the academic test and you need a score of 7 in each of the four sections.

Good luck with the process and look forward to seeing updates on your progress and keep asking away if you get stuck - plenty of nurses on the board :smile:

Archived