Visa processing time

gwolst77

Hi

I am hopefully just about to be offered a job in Melbourne by a large global company. I believe it is a 4 year business visa sponsered by the company (for me and my family)

I was just trying to figure out rough time scales from when my visa details are submitted to when I get confirmation that my visa is approved.

I have no criminal record, I have never been in trouble with police (unless you count 3 points on my driving licence). I have never been bankrupt and I am in good health. So I should have no problems with my visa application.

Once I get my visa I will be handing in my notice at work, hence the reason why I am trying to find out time scales etc

Thanks

:wacko:

Hi

I am hopefully just about to be offered a job in Melbourne by a large global company. I believe it is a 4 year business visa sponsered by the company (for me and my family)

I was just trying to figure out rough time scales from when my visa details are submitted to when I get confirmation that my visa is approved.

I have no criminal record, I have never been in trouble with police (unless you count 3 points on my driving licence). I have never been bankrupt and I am in good health. So I should have no problems with my visa application.

Once I get my visa I will be handing in my notice at work, hence the reason why I am trying to find out time scales etc

Thanks

:wacko:

Visa processing time is roughly 4 -8 weeks in reality if you are sponsored.

The most important thing is that you have to have your skill assessed, it depends on occupation, it might take you from 2 up to 20 weeks for SA.

Thanks for the reply

I did not know I would to have my skills assessed. I currently work for a global software company as a systems/software engineer. The company that is hiring me is a global reseller of the software my company makes (I.E partner). I am being recruited to fill a senior engineering role that specifically covers the software my current company manufactures.

The knowledge I have/bring to this role could only be gained by working for the manufacture/vendor in the first place. I thought if it could be demostrated that I fill a specific skills gap that can't realistically be filled by an Aussie citizen, I would not have to have my skills assessed.

:mad:

In all the discussions I have had with my potential employer so far, having a skills assesment has not be mentioned

Any idea if I will still need to have my skills assessed?

Archived