Thyroxin - Repeat Prescriptions

Guest Dedge

Guest Dedge

We are currently looking into emigrating to Brisbane but I have a quick question regarding the above medication.

At the moment I do not have to pay for my prescription but would that change once we moved? and if so how much would it normally cost?

Thanks

Guest Guest31881

Prescriptions in Australia are around $35 an item, and yes you will have to pay (sorry)

Prescriptions in Australia are around $35 an item, and yes you will have to pay (sorry)

Someone only asked this the other day. Thyroxine cost $23.98 for 200 x 100mg. You wont get an exemption certificate like you do in Scotland

Guest Dedge

Thanks for the quick response. I did do a search for thyroxin but it threw up a post about contraception with no other details.

Currently I am taking 150mg a day so that is going to add up but I guess somethings are worth paying for.

Thanks for the quick response. I did do a search for thyroxin but it threw up a post about contraception with no other details.

Currently I am taking 150mg a day so that is going to add up but I guess somethings are worth paying for.

Its only going to cost you roughly $48 for about six months worth so wont really break the bank!

If your looking for it on PBS try Eutroxsig that is the brand name

Archived