Questions about how long it all takes ...

Could anyone tell me how long it takes after contacting removal firms for them to come to your property to give you a quote ? .

Once I have agreed to use a firm how much notice do I have to give them to come and pack my furniture ? .

When do I have to arrange the insurance ? ... I intend to use Leyton Percival .

What questions do I need to ask the people who come out to do the quotes ? .

Guest The Ropey HOFF

I don't know the answer mate, just wanted to wish you the best of luck with your move.

Guest trickyricky

Hi Bottler,

We got quotes from three companies. They were all round within a week to size up the place and provide a quote. Quotes were received by email within 48 hours of them coming round to the property.

With regards notice to come and pack i guess this all depends on how busy they are. We booked three weeks before packing date and they were fine with this.

Regarding insurance we have also used Leyton Percival who were very competitive compared with the removal firms own insurance.

Questions we asked:

- estimated shipping times?

- if going groupage (i.e. not using a whole container) how long will we have to wait for the container to be filled?

- how are items packed (with reference to specific items - glass desks, clothes, delicate items etc)?

- what does the quote include/exclude?

- who deals with the shipment in Australia?

- are they a member of FIDI?

- what is their experieince of dealing with customers moving to Australia?

- what advice can they give on AQIS rules and regulations?

- what happens if the actual shipment volume is more or less than what has been quoted? what are the additional costs/savings?

think that was it?

Hi Bottler,

We got quotes from three companies. They were all round within a week to size up the place and provide a quote. Quotes were received by email within 48 hours of them coming round to the property.

With regards notice to come and pack i guess this all depends on how busy they are. We booked three weeks before packing date and they were fine with this.

Regarding insurance we have also used Leyton Percival who were very competitive compared with the removal firms own insurance.

Questions we asked:

- estimated shipping times?

- if going groupage (i.e. not using a whole container) how long will we have to wait for the container to be filled?

- how are items packed (with reference to specific items - glass desks, clothes, delicate items etc)?

- what does the quote include/exclude?

- who deals with the shipment in Australia?

- are they a member of FIDI?

- what is their experieince of dealing with customers moving to Australia?

- what advice can they give on AQIS rules and regulations?

- what happens if the actual shipment volume is more or less than what has been quoted? what are the additional costs/savings?

think that was it?

Thank you for taking the time to help me ...

Archived