The Job Situation in Queensland

reasonstobecheerful

Hi everyone

I'm thinking of moving to Sydney early next year. My uncle lives 20 mins away from the city centre and has kindly said I can stay with him, which is great. I'm just wondering about the job market though? I won't be looking for a career -and I don't think- so I'm not interested in graduate schemes or anything like that, though by next year I should have graduated, hopefully with a 2:1.

I'm a good writer so a staff writing job in a magazine or newspaper would be ideal. But I just don't know how I'd go about finding something. Would it be best to search online before I arrive? Or to see what's what when I get there? Are there even any jobs in Australia? It's not good in the UK, as you probably know.

Lastly, I was born in Australia so don't have to apply for a visa or anything. So that obviously makes things a bit easier.

Thanks!

Joe

You do know that Sydney is in NSW not Qld right? :-) I was just a bit confused as to the title of your thread as you mention living in Sydney but talk about the job situation in Qld.

Qld is better than NSW though, but I'm biased, my husband is from Brisbane so that's where I'll be moving later this year.

Archived