Pension transfer

Guest Simcar

Guest Simcar

G'day guys, looking for advice on how to transfer a Police pension. My wife and I are looking to emigrate to WA. Qualifications are currently with the skills assessors and we hope to gat our visa lodged b4 the end of June deadline. Cheers.

SIMCAR

Simmo and Carrie

G'day guys, looking for advice on how to transfer a Police pension. My wife and I are looking to emigrate to WA. Qualifications are currently with the skills assessors and we hope to gat our visa lodged b4 the end of June deadline. Cheers.

SIMCAR

Simmo and Carrie

Hi Simmo and Carrie

Firstly you should understand that there is no rush for you to transfer a Pension.

I always advise my clients that they should get the feel for life in Oz and be able to say that it is there intention to remain here before embarking on transfer advice.

Secondly, when you do feel ready as it is a Police Pension you should take appropriate advice to ensure yu have a full understanding of whther to transfer or not.

For some people transferring seems like the right thing to do or for others it does not.

Being a final salary scheme there are some very good benefits to it and the type of scheme that it would have to go to in Oz would not work in the same manner.

That said there can also be many advantages of having the funds in Australia so you really need to be able to see it from a 'what it would look like if transferred' and the implications against 'what it would look like if it isn't transferred' and the implications of both scenarios.

Happy to answer any further questions.

Regards

Andy

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Simmo

I am in the same boat, can retire from GMP anytime, papers are in with Immigration at Perth lodged 29th March, not had a case officer allocated yet.

We are a family of 4 hoping to move at xmas !!.

I have a mate called Simmo in GMP who retired last year,

Good Luck, Ian

Guest Simcar

Hi Ian,

My wife and I are awaiting a CO to be appointed. Visa was lodged on 13th June. We booked a 6 week holiday last year to travel around OZ this year, we travel out on 23rd Dec. We wanted to see what it was like, I have been to OZ before but my wife has not. When we heard the visa app was changing in July we applied for the visa and started the process in Feb, using a migration agent through my cousin in Perth. So we hope to get visa by September, travel in dec come back and fly back out in May, this should give us enough time to get stuff sorted. Just the two of us no children. My wife is a hairstylist and assesor 23 years experience, I have just finished a teaching course and have counselling qualifications want to get as far away from policing as possible. LOL

Hi Simmo

Had contact from Perth Immigration, a case officer will not be allocated until after July 1st ! We will be flying over about 11th December until 17th Jan, ( Tapping area ) fingers crossed that for my wife and daughter it will be a one way trip, I will come bk with my son who will finish college in June, I will put my ticket in and commence the dream.

I am the same the further away from any policing jobs the better.

Regards, Ian

Guest Simcar

Hi Ian

Thanks for that info. We fly out to Hong Kong on the 23rd Dec for four days (wifes 40th boxing day) then to Sydney for New Year, then to Adelaide,we drive to Melbourne, then to Cairns, then Brisbane, back to Sydney, then to Perth arrive 23 Jan and we stop in Singapore on the way back. Webooked this trip last year before starting the visa app. We hope to be back in Perth May 2013 dont know where yet will do recce over New Year. Look forward to meeting up at some point.

Regards

Steve

Guest The Pom Queen

I don't want to sound a spoil sport but please can I remind you that this forum is for Vista Financial, you are more than welcome to start a thread in news, gossip etc. Thank you for understanding :hug:

Archived