Will DIAC consider my current ANZSCO code for 175 visa?

pegleg

If your nominated occupation is not on the Specified Trade Occupations list, you must provide evidence that you have been in paid employment in any skilled occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) for at least 12 months in the 24 months immediately before applying.

I'm looking to apply for a 175 visa under ANZSCO code 261111 ICT Business Analyst. A significant part of my duties fall under the Job description for BA, however my current 457 visa is 262113 Systems Administrator and has been since late 2010 when I came to Australia, i.e. more than 12 months in the last 24 months. I have received a positive skills assessment from ACS from 2009 onwards for ICT Business Analyst with 4 years skilled employment.

My question is: will DIAC look at my skills assessment and current job description/employment letter to verify this or will they simply look at my current ANZSCO code for my 457 visa?

I called DIAC equiry line today and they told me that my current 457 visa classification is not considered, rather it's the skills assessment and evidence of employment (e.g. job description on letter head, evidence of employment) on which they base their decision. :cute: