ACS and Stat Dec/Financial information

Kimorjack

Hi all..

still on the ACS case...but now getting very close. Decided that I dont have the willpower to fight/ask/beg the companies I used to work for many years ago for a reference...so will go with a Statutory Declaration from myself (as Ive always worked as a contractor). I will also give evidence of earnings from my contract work.

Has anyone else submitted financial evidence and if so - what type? P60/Dividend vouchers? / Full Company Accounts.

I then just hope the ACS turn around the application in super quick time...I have a deadline of 20th June for sumbission of my Visa App...i then loose points....and its a different ball game then!

thanks

Dylan

My advice would be to grind it out and get the references from senior colleagues on letter headed paper, I know you cant for some and statuatory declaration is the thing here but the ACS officer may refuse the experience as its by you and not by anyone else, it just might happen unless they are feeling happy, started the day off well etc.

Financial info can be remittance letters from the agency you worked through or P60.

If you send your docs by Fedex you might get it there in 3 days, its really pushing it to get back by 20th June, mine took two months but then again they might be pushing them out quick so worth the punt anyway, what have you got to lose anyway?

You can always do a reassessment with more info if it comes to it.

Best of luck

Hi DibDibbler

Thanks for the reply...unfortunately it's a sign of he times. Even good friends of mine are reluctant to get against company policy and provide me with references on headed paper! It's such a stupid policy.

I feel now that our dream has been delayed by many years- as loosing points on my 40th means looking at getting state sponsorship but need to look at who needs Systems Analysts - last time it was Tasmania and Darwin - which are not our dream locations...

Just frustrated - and annoyed

....everything seems to be slipping away

You do have the option of asking people you worked with to do personal statutory declarations for you. You should be able to provide company structures to evidence how they related to the position you were working in. They can explain in their stat. dec. that their company does not allow them to write references on company letterheads, however they are happy to be on record in their personal capacity.

As for timescales, if you submit your application, courier your docs and email them nicely explaining the situation relating to timescales and the reasons you couldn't submit ealier, they can be understanding and place your application on a fast track. They did for me and I got my result in 2 weeks. Not saying it will happen for you, just saying it is possible if you ask very nicely, cap in hand.

If 20 June is your deadline for the main submission, it is still possible if you have everything else like the IELTS, but it's pretty tight!

Thanks PeteD.

Unfortunately the added complexity of the Stat.Dec needing to be witnessed by a Lawyer etc is making past colleagues think again...as they would have to go out of their way (I don't live close to these past colleagues)..nothing seems to be easy.

I have a few References now along with "HR" type references from the Agency's stating that I was working in Company A,B,C from Date1 to Date2 as a Systems Analyst - I also have my own Stat Dec stating what I did in each company and also stating why it was difficult to get a reference...along with my HND in Computing...i'm hoping this in enough.

Im hoping to get all references early this week...will then Courier them etc...and as you said - will ask if there's any chance to get them reviewed on a fast track....then fingers crossed!

thanks

D

Archived