• Announcements

• The Pom Queen

New Forum Upgrade   03/24/2017

On behalf of the admin and moderators of the forum we would like to thank you for your patience during the forum upgrade.  We understand that members don't like change, but unfortunately we had to move with the times. There are lots of exciting changes and features to be made in the coming weeks, however, our priority was to get you all back online as quickly as possible. There is a thread in Forum Q & A (accessible via the link below) if there are any urgent issues please post them in there then we can monitor one thread instead of missing posts. Thank you once again The Pom Queen and Cerberus1 ADMIN
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest davy

Australia Looking For Skilled Migrants

8 posts in this topic

Saw this and thought I'd post the link....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4155472.stm

get your booty on! :D

Australia is looking for 20,000 skilled immigrants to fill vacancies in what has been described as its biggest recruitment drive since the 1960s.

Immigration department spokesman Abdul Rizvi said the nation needed engineers, doctors, car mechanics and accountants.

Exhibitions in Europe and India will be set up to promote the scheme, but Mr Rizvi said: "We are looking for skills from anywhere."

Australia often comes under fire for its tough immigration policies.

But analysts say the country is currently suffering from a serious labour shortage, which is threatening its economic growth.

In the 1950s and 60s, Australia mounted a major campaign to attract immigrants from Britain, and about one million people took up the offer.

But this time, the migration will be more targeted to fit specific labour requirements.

The Department of Immigration is organising a series of exhibitions later this year in London, Berlin, Madras (Chennai) and Amsterdam.

"We are initially targeting these [cities]... Next year we hope to go to other places based on what we have learned this time around," Mr Rizvi said.

:( I have applied for the expo in London Sept 2005. As occupation on SDQL. Has anybody received an invitation yet?

:( I have applied for the expo in London Sept 2005. As occupation on SDQL. Has anybody received an invitation yet?

Just got my invite tonight !! 28th Sept at 1.30pm !!!!!

I'm a network engineer.

Thanks hullmackem

Just got mine also 29th 10.00

Good Luck

Thanks hullmackem

Just got mine also 29th 10.00

Good Luck

You too mate, fingers crossed.

got ours for 27th at 12noon.I am a solid plasterer

Good luck to you too mate.

whats this all about and how do you get interviewed?

can someone pm me?