Has Anyone Imported Horse Gear Into Australia?

leanie

Hi,

We are due to leave for Aus fairly soon so just sorting out what should come, and what shouldn't. I want to bring a horse breastplate. Am I likely to be stung with any treatment fees but customs? I have sold all my other horse stuff (including my two horses) and plan to get a horse in a couple of years. We are coming from New Zealand.

Thanks.

I brought an Arabian Bridle, not the leather type but plaited material, jockey skull cap and cover, jodphurs and a couple of sets of reigns. The shippers told me to take it all in my case as less likely customs would pick up on it, needless to say i did and had no issues.

Cal x

I brought an Arabian Bridle, not the leather type but plaited material, jockey skull cap and cover, jodphurs and a couple of sets of reigns. The shippers told me to take it all in my case as less likely customs would pick up on it, needless to say i did and had no issues.

Cal x

Is it one of the questions on your landing card for aus? I have only my riding helmet, a couple of pairs of jods, and the horse breastplate but don't want to lie to customs. when they say horse equipment surely they don't mean your jods etc?!

I'd declare regardless when you go land and go through, be on the safe side. So long as you've cleaned it well I would hope it would be ok. And iirc the treatment fee if it needs it isn't massive when carrying it in luggage.

i must admit i don't really want to carry it in my luggage as we're travelling a long way beforehand. should i be declaring my helmet? they mention saddles, brushes etc but no where do they say about riding attire!

No im pretty sure jods etc will be fine as they can be washed ,the shippers said they didnt like Horse hair ,so if any was found it could be an issue.

Cal x

oh so its horse hair they don't like! ok to import nz horses but their tack...!!!

Guest AKA63029
No im pretty sure jods etc will be fine as they can be washed ,the shippers said they didnt like Horse hair ,so if any was found it could be an issue.

Cal x

Own up Cal.

You also packed these, and they had NOTHING to do with horses did they.:wubclub::embarrassed::laugh:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13960[/ATTACH]

Own up Cal.

You also packed these, and they had NOTHING to do with horses did they.:wubclub::embarrassed::laugh:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13960[/ATTACH]

GUTTED !!! Tony you promised me ,you wouldnt tell anyone about them,, although,, i didnt hear you complaining the other night ,,lol

Cal x

Guest AKA63029
GUTTED !!! Tony you promised me ,you wouldnt tell anyone about them,, although,, i didnt hear you complaining the other night ,,lol

Cal x

BB says sorry.:eek::laugh:

Archived