Dietitian skills assessment - how long does it take?

Jlew

Nothing like leaving it to the last, but we are trying to get organised to submit a 176 application before the deadline. My wife is a dietitian and will be the main applicant. Does anyone know how long the skills assessment will take?

Thanks!

You should speak to a RMA before you go any further - but it is highly unlikely that you would get IELTS, SKills Assessmant and SS in the next 2 months. DAA state that they take 6 weeks on their site.

As Dietitian is on SOL 2 you would require SS, and there is a long backlog of applicants for SS at present. I cant see Dietitan on any of the State Migration Plans, but in the DAA site it does state "The SOL is targeting professions where there is an identified current or future shortage. Skills Australia, on behalf of the Government, has determined that there is no anticipated current or future shortage of dietetic graduates. With approximately 500 graduates per year in Australia this is likely to remain the case for the foreseeable future." http://daa.asn.au/universities-recognition/recognition-of-dietetic-qualifications/faqs-2/

You should speak to a RMA before you go any further - but it is highly unlikely that you would get IELTS, SKills Assessmant and SS in the next 2 months. DAA state that they take 6 weeks on their site.

As Dietitian is on SOL 2 you would require SS, and there is a long backlog of applicants for SS at present. I cant see Dietitan on any of the State Migration Plans, but in the DAA site it does state "The SOL is targeting professions where there is an identified current or future shortage. Skills Australia, on behalf of the Government, has determined that there is no anticipated current or future shortage of dietetic graduates. With approximately 500 graduates per year in Australia this is likely to remain the case for the foreseeable future." http://daa.asn.au/universities-recognition/recognition-of-dietetic-qualifications/faqs-2/

hmm, right didn't appreciate that was the case on the dietitians. We were looking at the SS route 176 as the quilkest option and my occupation is not on the associated list. It is on the SOL1 list so maybe we'll need to go down the route of applying for an invitation to apply type thing?

Archived