Do I need estranged father to sign consent for sons visa??

twistbexter

Hi, we are applying for a visa the only trouble being my 13 year old son who lives with me and my OH, will be on my OH`s visa application, My OH is his step-father but someone told me the biological father will have to sign some kind of papers giving his consent for our son to go??? Is this for a fact as I have not mentioned it to his biological father cus he only see`s his son about four times a year!!

Guest Guest31881

Yes you will be asked to prove his biological father is in favour of the move, or you may need to go to court

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/news-chat-dilemmas/47091-children-what-happens-if-you-your-partner-decide-go-home.html

take a look through this thread it refers to laws that governs moving children from one country to another.

I will also move this the the Migration section where you may get more replies.....

Maybe tread lightly when asking but make sure your son is buzzing about going and that it means the world to him, then his biological father will feel he is doing something good for his son.

Archived