Form 80 Questions

smithinoz

Afternoon all,

I have a few questions regarding the Form 80 which I have printed out in preparation for my 176 application, and wondered if anyone can point me in the right direction please?

Question 10 - Other passports and travel documents - I have my current passport and 1 of my old passports which has expired, but there would have been another one from when I was 17 years old. I don't have that passport so don't know the details. Would you still put this on the application?

Question 14 - National Identity Documents and Numbers - What sort of documents have people been listing here? All I can think of is NI card? Driving Licence?

Question 36 - Reason for going to Oz? Is permanent residency enough or do I need to elaborate? What sort of thing have other put?

Question 46 - Employment history. My CV only includes related employments to my skilled occupation, and this is the CV I sent to Vetassess. After my maternity break I did a bit of part time work for a doctors surgery (back in 1994) and a small insurance firm (1994). I also worked for a department store for 6 months when I first left college in 1988 - should I put these on the form and amend my CV?

Question 49 - Qualifications - again, do I need to list everything - did hairdressing at college but went straight into office work when I left college.

Hope you can help :notworthy:

Thanks x

Hi there,

Hope I can help! All I can tell you is what we did, and we got our visa so it must have been alright!!

Q10 - we put the details of the current passports and also old passports which we actually had. I had a couple of older passports which I couldn't find so didn't put them on the form as I had no details for them.

Q14 - we put the details of old social security cards from the US, and some EU ones (where my OH had lived). Also our current social security cards.

Q36 - we put the reason as permanent migration.

Q46 - Put all your work experience. This is entirely separate to your CV. Immigration have no interest in your CV. They want to know what you've been up to all your life. Make sure the details you give can be backed up by any documentation you have - in case they come back and ask you for it! Don't leave any blanks - make sure all the dates dovetail - give detail like maternity leave, casual work, unemployed etc.

Q49 - again give them everything. Even if you dropped out of a course and have no qualifications they still want to know you did the course.

Basically look at the form 80 as a chance to list your life thus far, so that you can prove you've been a fine upstanding citizen and the kind of person Australia wants!!

Also I don't know if you've come to the travel in the last 10 years and previous addresses part. Try to list all your addresses, even if you can't remember specific dates. Give all the holidays/travel you can remember - don't worry too much about the EU but definitely any other travel try to have as accurate as possible.

Best of luck with it! I found it best to do it over 3 or 4 days as it gives you a chance to see where you've made mistakes. I know it's tempting to rush it to get it in to them but it's tricky to change details after uploading if you realise you've made a mistake!

Sinead

Archived