merchant of doom time...

Guest stuckinblighty

Guest stuckinblighty

Could people in Aus give me a few reasons NOT to move to Aus .... oohhh i do like to look on the bright side :wink: ,

regards,lee

Guest ABCDiamond
Could people in Aus give me a few reasons NOT to move to Aus .... oohhh i do like to look on the bright side :wink: ,

regards,lee

If you'd asked me a few years ago, I could have give a load of reasons, ones that I used as reason to return to the UK, but I quickly came back here again :D

It taught me one thing. When things go wrong for us, for whatever reason, it is VERY easy to blame something else, especially something new, and not yet fully understood.

Guest PlatOz

regards,lee

Cane Toads :lol:

Steve Irwin :lol:

Rolf Harris :lol:

lol, that's about it :?

Guest ABCDiamond

Rolf Harris is OK, especially as he moved to the UK in 1962, (and is still there) :D

Guest stephanielouise981

What is a cane toad?

Spiders and snakes are one reason... I never saw a snake but I've seen one massive spider eek!

Steph x

Guest ABCDiamond

Cane toads are mainly a QLD problem, but they are beginning to move South.

http://www.amonline.net.au/factsheets/canetoad.htm

In Australia, cane toads have no natural enemies.

Their toxin can kill most native animals that normally eat frogs. They therefore pose a risk to both native fauna and pets such as cats and dogs. Cane toads can use a wide variety of habitats and thrive in urban and disturbed areas. They have a voracious appetite and can eat a lot of different foods. They also breed quickly, (Females lay 8,000 to 35,000 eggs at a time and may produce two clutches a year) allowing them to rapidly colonise and dominate an area.

http://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/npws.nsf/Content/Cane+toads

Guest dwaldron

In Australia, cane toads have no natural enemies.

Clearly you have never seen me with a seven iron!

Guest PlatOz

Rolf Harris is OK, especially as he moved to the UK in 1962, (and is still there) :D

Lol, I should have remembered that Rolf was back in the U.K. I house sat with my sister for a week for a filthy rich Arab guy who's house was next door to Rolf Harris in Bray, Berkshire. I only saw him in his driveway once and was tempted to do a Rolf song but it would have been a bit naf as I am sure he has heard it all before. :lol:

Archived