NSW sponsor with 3 yr old skills assessment

A4Ron

Hi all,

I applied for a 176 skilled migration visa back in April 2009 with ASCO code 2231-11, which maps directly to systems administrator (which is sponsored by NSW). This application is still outstanding and stuck in the Cat5 queue.

I was wanting to go to QLD but thinking that if I have a chance to get sponsored elsewhere why not??

So, if I were to apply for NSW for sponsorship would they accept the ACS positive skills assessment from march 2009 ? Other states have stated that the assessment must be within the last 12 months, however NSW do not state this anywhere but could be an unwritten rule. I don't want to apply and pay $300 to be told I need a new assessment which will cost again and I will have to wait 12 weeks for ACS.

Any ideas?

Call the NSW folks and ask. Not sure about the ACS assessment you have , but the new one's have a 24 month validity period written on them. Also ACS does not necessarily take 12 weeks for a new assessment. You can check my timeline for the time taken by ACS and NSW

I will send them an email, see what happens. I see that you are based in Swindon and you did the IELTS. Is this necessary if you are a British passport holder? If so that would be extra tedious...

You meet the English language threshold of competent if you hold a valid passport from, and are a citizen of, one of the following countries:

* United Kingdom (UK)

* Canada

* New Zealand

* United States of America (USA)

* Republic of Ireland.

However you do not gain any points from DIAC if you are just competent. If you get at least seven on each of the four components – speaking, reading, listening and writing you can claim 10 points for the DIAC and similarly if you can get eight in each of the components then you can claim 20 points.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/176/points-english.htm

Archived