On PR will I be treated as domestic student in Australian universities?

rackspace

Guest The Ropey HOFF
$40,000 is still a lot of money to pay and when you take into consideration additional costs like books etc you are probably looking at near $60,000. This kind of money I don't have. I can go back to Scotland and being a Scottish national get my degree paid for me!

It's not rocket science what I'm going to do!

Lucky old you, lol

Its crazy how Scottish students pay nothing and English students have had their fees trebled by the lizard and the rat, Cameron and Clegg.

We could have afforded to pay for our kids when it was £3,000 but now it's £9,000 we can't and that's not taking into account the living costs on top.

In Australia they are less than half the costs and not only that, the prospects of getting a great well paid job there are a lot better as well.

I am sure that to qualify for free university in Scotland you have to be resident in Scotland. As you live in Oz you are not resident and will be treated as an international student. You need to check the residency requirements as you have to be resident in England for 3 years to qualify for English fee scales.

Guest VickyMel

Yep - as a PR you pay the domestic fees - but you don't qualify for the reduced fees that some locals do. But I think you need to be here between 2-4 years to do that

Depending on what you want to do I have seen a few people report that some corses at TAFEs can cost a lot less than the same course at a Uni.

Archived