Should I ship a 2009 VW Diesel Touran to Melbourne

Hello,

I love my car and it is in excellent condition, I don't know how to calculate if it is worth shipping this vehicle to Australia or selling it here and buying a car out there. I think I will be struggling to buy a good VW out in Aus.

It is in excellent condition with only 16,000 miles, barley a scratch. I am trying to find out through a couple of VW dealers in Oz if they would be able to service it as I don't believe Tourans are available out there. The thing that worries me is what the taxes and charges are like, is there anyone who can estimate what these are before I need to make a crunch decision.

Some people have said definately take your car, others say, no way too much $$$ and hassle

Hope someone can help

Andy

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/transport-shipping/138727-worth-bringing-my-car-iron-ladys-trusty-new-calculator-reveals-all.html ask here. I loved my Touran. :biggrin:

Hello,

I love my car and it is in excellent condition, I don't know how to calculate if it is worth shipping this vehicle to Australia or selling it here and buying a car out there. I think I will be struggling to buy a good VW out in Aus.

It is in excellent condition with only 16,000 miles, barley a scratch. I am trying to find out through a couple of VW dealers in Oz if they would be able to service it as I don't believe Tourans are available out there. The thing that worries me is what the taxes and charges are like, is there anyone who can estimate what these are before I need to make a crunch decision.

Some people have said definately take your car, others say, no way too much $$$ and hassle

Hope someone can help

Andy

Archived