Vetassess for Electricians

Guest Ciderbarn

Guest Ciderbarn

Hi All

I am new here and would like to get some help with my Vetassess application which I have just started. On the trade evidence form, what level of detail do they want in what form, an example would be great. I am in a dark hole here and need to see a bit of light. Yes ! I am an electrician.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Tim

• 5 months later...

you put in every thing & i mean every thing create a CV list every job every appliance you have ever done also list every tool in only used the once make it look as though you have done 95% contracting or installations work commercial, industrial, this way you get the electrical mechanics license, the other is the electrical fitter license, this is limiting to panel wiring only in some states & you may NOT be allowed to do the A class license. so you see its important to get the right classification from the start, apply for ARTC its easier if you do vatessess you must provide a log book for onsite work for 12 months do the easy way.

Now then i can suggest you go to PEER in S/A there is a loophole in the whole system and PEER is it.

the contact people are

here is the contact person at PEER

Kate Boneham

Client Services Coordinator

PEER VEET

1042 Port Road

Albert Park SA 5014

Phone +61 8 8348 1200

Fax +61 8 8348 1201

kate@peer.com.au

Kate is leaving PEER at the end of April for 12 months so use the same phone no, & ask for

Angela Easterbrook

PEER is the easiest way its as simple as that, its all done & dusted in the 1 day or 2 days then you get the S/A license & have it transferred to the state your living in, you keep the S/A license for the 3 years then when its due for renewal you go to the licensing in your state & simply reregister in the state your living in once you have the A class license all states must oblige & re issue the new license.

Honestly this is the best way, there is a loophole in the system & this is it.????

you can sign up from the UK to do the distance learning course you get all books & a work book with lots of example in, if your not to sure you email them they shall help you, they are fantastic people.

the only people i have heard of not passing the PEER course are the once who do NOT complete the work book or they have there head in the backside thinking they know it all. if you follow all this you wont fail, the government can do nothing about the loophole its all leagal, they tried to change it but PEER was on the ball its not going to change i can assure you all of that.

if you need more help then P/M

Oh if you do the PEER course there is no disconnect re-connect to my knowlidge, if you like i can confirm with PEER, Im on 1st term names with them now ive steered some 100 people there with 100% pass for all, i dont do this for gain but just to help people. there is a lady on here from S/A Wendy who is also switched on also Stev'O from QLD we all share the same desire to help people, thats all..all the best i know its a bummer having to do all this when your here.

Arthur inmelbourne

• 3 weeks later...

Tim, you put in as much info & examples as you can mate.::

I spoke to the main person at PEER yesterday, this is what happens between ARTC & vatessess. When you make your application for migration, you supply information regarding your training the length of training; you also provided evidence of the company's you have worked for.

If you don't provide enough information or the type of information they may require for easy processes of the application this is where the two different routes come into play.

1st if you give info of work styles like lots of contracting work on industrial, commercial, domestic work you supply enough evidence & info on the type of installations you have worked on also all differing tools used. If they feel that's enough evidence you shall be granted the ARTC, end of story.

You may also be invited to do a trade test for ARTC again depending on the amount of info you put in the application, most case these days expect to be invited to do a trade test.

This system lets you apply to sit the A class exams when you get here I recommend PEER in S/A that the easiest route believe me.

If you don't provide enough info, you shall be pointed down the Vatessess route.

This system you shall have to do a trade test no ifs or buts.

You still end up with the Cert for migration but in the long run it’s a nightmare mainly due to other components that come into play when you’re in Australia.

This means you can still do the A class likeness exams at PEER when here, however there is a different system for Vatessess students. Can explain later.

For people who get the Cert of General Electrician, can also attend PEER to do there A class license no problems.

Now then apart from ARTC they are fine.

People who have been steered down the Vatessess route & people with General Electrician this can cause massive problems in other states, some states require what’s called Gap training this means you must work onsite for 12 months keeping a log book of all work completed on a continual basis without any breaks in the work time of the 12 months.

you won’t get a A class license until you have done this logbook you only get a restricted license meaning you’re not allowed to work on your own.??? Who is going to employ a person who must have all work checked on a daily basis.

This is mainly for people doing Vatessess, people doing General Electrician can go to PEER in S/A do the exams then have the A class transferred to the state you are going to reside in then your fine, But as I say this is for vatessess people mainly even though you may do the PEER route you must do this Log Book for 12 months.

Problems are

lower pay

work checked continually

if you have a gap in the 12 months your buggered.

You can only have a restricted license for a few years then that’s your lot.

as I say I got this from the main man on Friday 15-5-2009 from PEER S/A

I hope this info is of some help to you all maybe not what you’re expecting but its real information for you

Archived