Cairns!!! Is Anybody Here??

Guest liddylou

Guest liddylou

Hi guys,

Used this site like crazy when in the UK and now hoping it can help me out again??

We are living in Cairns, been here 9 months (and for all you wondering where to live when u get here, Cairns is the most stunning place to settle)...

I was wondering if there are any fellow expats that might like to meet up. I know expats are in Cairns but cant find them for love nor money - lol

Would be really interested to hear from anyone who fancies a chat and also happy to offer any advice to people thinking of coming here to live.

Thanks, Sarah

You have chosen a great place to settle.

palm cove a few kilometers from cairns great beach.

I think there is a regular bus service to palm cove.

Great barrier reef a short boat trip away.

Daintree rainforest only a short drive away.

I was tempted to move there but my trade more likly to get a job in the big city.

but i did not think there were many brits up there except for tourists.

Guest YorksfamilyRobinson

Hi there, I am hoping to be living in Cairns by Christmas. Not sure if I am being too optimistic there? I've got the skills assessment back and am sending the online app this weekend. We (ME, OH, 2kids-11 and 7) spent the summer there last year and loved it. I went with the plan of trying to see the negatives as I knew the family would def want to stay. I could not find any at all, we all loved it and were gutted about coming home. Cant wait for the Visa and life in the most beautiful place I've ever been. Lucky you, already there. Cant help you on the Ex pat front yet, but hopefully soon....

L:)

Hi there, I am hoping to be living in Cairns by Christmas. Not sure if I am being too optimistic there? I've got the skills assessment back and am sending the online app this weekend. We (ME, OH, 2kids-11 and 7) spent the summer there last year and loved it. I went with the plan of trying to see the negatives as I knew the family would def want to stay. I could not find any at all, we all loved it and were gutted about coming home. Cant wait for the Visa and life in the most beautiful place I've ever been. Lucky you, already there. Cant help you on the Ex pat front yet, but hopefully soon....

L:)

There are not many downsides to cairns that i could see

10 months of the year the weather is great

But usually Dec / Jan is the wet season it can very humid and some years you can get a lot of rain but that is a small price to pay to live in paradice.

• 3 months later...
Guest bohlesover
Hi guys,

Used this site like crazy when in the UK and now hoping it can help me out again??

We are living in Cairns, been here 9 months (and for all you wondering where to live when u get here, Cairns is the most stunning place to settle)...

I was wondering if there are any fellow expats that might like to meet up. I know expats are in Cairns but cant find them for love nor money - lol

Would be really interested to hear from anyone who fancies a chat and also happy to offer any advice to people thinking of coming here to live.

Thanks, Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Just seen your message, I am in Cairns city, I would love to meet for a coffee, and chat.

Karen

:err:Sarah, is that you?? It's Lynn from Portsmouth - spoke through ebay before you moved!!! Managed to email you recently and got your reply! The ones that lived in Brisbane and foolishly came back here to the UK! Things have been really hectic - I've been meaning to phone you. I will phone one day in the week to have a catch up.

Obviously if this isn't the Sarah that I thought, then I do apologise!:notworthy:

Will be moving to Perth after xmas, once we have the house sorted, so won't be much help for a "meet up for coffee"!!

Take care

Lynn x

Hi

Cairns sounds beautiful but does it get too hot and humid or do you get used to it, also what are the employment opportunities like there, I am a nurse so would be OK but my OH is unskilled so would be looking to retrain or take an unskilled position. Are house prices reasonable.

Thanks for any advice.

Sharon

Archived