contributory parent visa - medicals etc

nyorksgrannie

I am new to this site, we have applied for contributory parent visas which look like taking around 18 months, can anyone tell me what the medicals require, we are well thankfully but in our mid and late 60's and are concerned we might develop some health condition that may prevent our visas from being issued. As our daughters and only grandchild live in Oz we are anxious to join them but planning is a nightmare not knowing when and if we will get visas. Pensions to transfer, house to sell etc. any advice gratefully received!

It is a general check up with blood tests, the purpose of which is to establish that you will not cause the Australian taxpayer any excessive amount. If is quite unlikely that anyone who is fit and healthy will discover anything through the medical process that prevents them getting a visa. But of course if something does develop over the next eighteen months or so whilst you wait, then it could potentially impact the medical. Not really anything you can do about that.

My advice would be to investigate, but not set any wheels in motion regarding selling house or any other major decisions that are visa dependent.

Guest geordie joe

Hi Nyorks

Welcome to the waiting room. There is a seperate parents visa thread on the migration page where you will find plenty of information from previous posts as well as lots of help for any questions you may have from the PIO members.

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

Well Hello you are in the sane boat as us! Just retired (last October) went to see our kids Son in Melbourne Daughter in Perth had an amazing few months out in Australia travelled n loved every minute now want to live the dream out in Perth . As you say all the same dilemmas as us - only contributory aged parent visa now very expensive! House to sell .....I have just sent e mail to our local BUPA Hospital who I understand carry out the medicals for the visa? Waiting to find out what is involved I am 63 n husband 65 touch wood both healthy... Yes that is the worry..... Need to know how much medical insurance will be! Do you know when immigration notify you that you are accepted ? Do you have to wait the 18 months approximate time quoted for Visa Process

For the CPV 143 medicals, you need to make sure you are using a panel Dr for your medicals. Medicals include a chest x-ray, blood test, height and weight, pee in a pot, bp, and a physical examination and a discussion about anything you have put on your medical form. You wont be able to make an appointment until you have received your HAP number. They were really nice where we went in Manchester.

Good luck

maisiedaisy