OZ car seats

Guest ad&vic

hi all

i need to order 2No Isofix car seats before i arrive in june/july 2010

where can i get these from?

can i order ready to collect when i arrive?

cheers for the help....

Guest proud2beaussie

Isofix car seats are not certified for use in vehicles driven on Australian roads.

You need to check with the roads or transport department of the state that you are planning on living in to find out about which seats can be used .

I have read that the ISOFIX standard may be adopted in Australia but there is no date for it's implementation yet.

H there

We have been in Oz now for three months. I have two children 4 and 6 and we bought out their car seats with us. I am also expecting another baby in February so a couple of weeks ago when are container of stuff arrived I found our baby seat which prompted me to see if it fitted in to our new car. When I started to look I then realised that it was not Australian approved as were none of our seats. I have attached a link which maybe of some help to you.

Regards

Sarah

Child restraints

Guest proud2beaussie

Many vehicles sold in Australia have the mounting points for the ISOFIX system but unfortunately the standard is not yet approved for use here which seems crazy to me but it will happen one day,I wouldn't be holding my breath though.

Archived