Wonthaggi Victoria

Guest cakebreads

Guest cakebreads

Hi

We have just arrived in Wonthaggi and was wondering if any one living near would like to meet up.

We have two children 9 and 11 they go to the local primary school which they have settled into really well.

We are know looking for work ourselves ... The holiday is over, but life is one big holiday :chatterbox: for us living here compared to the poor old UK . So if any one fancies a chat we would really love to hear from you .

Amanda and Gary

• 2 years later...
Guest karenalan

Hi ivejust seen your post, how have you got on in wonthaggi, we arrive there from the uk one month today, I'd love to hear what it's like

best wishes Karen

Hi,

We often go to Wonthaggi because we have a cottage down at Venus Bay. It's a great little town, isn't it? Will you be working at the desal plant? We always stock up with food at Aldi and Woolworths on the way through to the coast- not much down at Venus in the way of foodstores. Have you been down to Walkerville and/or the Prom yet? Beautiful.

Guest cakebreads
Hi,

We often go to Wonthaggi because we have a cottage down at Venus Bay. It's a great little town, isn't it? Will you be working at the desal plant? We always stock up with food at Aldi and Woolworths on the way through to the coast- not much down at Venus in the way of foodstores. Have you been down to Walkerville and/or the Prom yet? Beautiful.

Hi, we have lived in Wonthaggi for over 3 years no it is a lovely part of the world to live in, no we don't work for the Desal, it was a shame it had to come here...Venus bay is lovely we offen pop that way for a swim in the summer.we camp at the prom every year and our friends have a house in walkerville its wonderful there so peaceful, so were do you live? How long have you been in OZ?

Your have to pop in for a cuppa next time your down.

Its sad but i love our Aldi you can get everything there, we are getting a Bunnings too this year yay..

kind regards Amanda & Gary

Guest cakebreads
Hi ivejust seen your post, how have you got on in wonthaggi, we arrive there from the uk one month today, I'd love to hear what it's like

best wishes Karen

Hi

i'm so sorry i've only just sen your message, are you still here ?

i would love to catch up if you are?

i,ve not been on here for years as you can see so sorry:huh:Please let me know if your hear or were you ended up?

kind regards

Amanda

Guest karenalan

HI amanda. were not there yet, we arrive on the 2th feb. busy at home in the cold uk packing and getting ready. we cant wait. any info about the area schools etc would be fab. where did you come from before you arrived there. my husband is going to be working in kilcunda.

ohhh i cant wait to get there, look forward to hearing from you soon

karen

Hi cakebreads,

We have been in Oz since 1975- most of our lives in fact! We live in Nth Croydon but the Venus Bay place is on 2nd Estate, Webster Ave. Walkerville has to be one of the most unexplored places I have come across and so lovely. Yay getting a Bunnings- the 'local' hardware stores round Venus Bay are soo expensive so that will be fantastic.

Guest cakebreads
HI amanda. were not there yet, we arrive on the 2th feb. busy at home in the cold uk packing and getting ready. we cant wait. any info about the area schools etc would be fab. where did you come from before you arrived there. my husband is going to be working in kilcunda.

ohhh i cant wait to get there, look forward to hearing from you soon

karen

Hi Karen

Wow Kilcunda is a beautiful place not much there, what is he going to be doing?

have you found any where to live?

we have3 Primary schools and one secondry school in the town.

We came from Essex Clacton on sea?What about you ?

When you arrive we'll meet up and i can tell you everything you need to know , just drop me a line, do you have any family hear? i'm excited for you, we knew know one when we moved here its a great place to lve and bring up kids , How many do you have? Its 33 today so pack some summer stuff but it does get very cold in winter here and wet, that was a bit of a shock for me but i used to it know lol .

hope to chat soon amanda x :jiggy:

Guest cakebreads

Gary my husband would like to live in venus bay , we have two teenage kids so i think it best to say near a town for the time being.

we live in Kingston rd wonthaggi not far from the miners rest motel.i first moved here in 1996 i lived just off police rd but did not like the city much, i viist my friend in east malven most months .i glad you enjoy this part of victoria its vey special we love the prom, we off camping to waratha bay next weekend.

kind regards Amanda

• 2 months later...
Guest karenalan
Hi Karen

Wow Kilcunda is a beautiful place not much there, what is he going to be doing?

have you found any where to live?

we have3 Primary schools and one secondry school in the town.

We came from Essex Clacton on sea?What about you ?

When you arrive we'll meet up and i can tell you everything you need to know , just drop me a line, do you have any family hear? i'm excited for you, we knew know one when we moved here its a great place to lve and bring up kids , How many do you have? Its 33 today so pack some summer stuff but it does get very cold in winter here and wet, that was a bit of a shock for me but i used to it know lol .

hope to chat soon amanda x :jiggy:

hi amanda.

we are finally here. been here a month now and just thought to have a look on poms in oz and saw your last reply. we are living in sth dudley. kids are settled in school and alan at work. its all just wonderful, were loving it... would love to meet up for a coffee , im sure you will be able to pass on loads of good info too. my email is karenireney@hotmail.com ( hope its ok to put an emial on here, not sure )

regards karen

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Natasha

Hi guys

Im not from the UK but i would love to travel there.

I just thought i'd buzz in and say hi :)

Iv also just moved to wonthaggi, and would love to catch up for a coffee with either of you and talk about the Uk or anything in general

Natasha:jiggy:

Guest karenalan

hi natasha

that would be great to meet for coffee where i you from and what brought you to wonthaggi. its a great little town isnt it. where abouts are you.

:spinny:

Guest Natasha

Hey

you replied so quick :jiggy:

I was originally from a small town in east gippsland called Paynesville,

but moved here as my partner got a promotion :)

Although sadly i have absolutely no friends here :(

currently I am situated in North Wonthaggi and enjoying it

but like i mentioned...no friends.

you can be my first :wubclub:

(if you like) :yes:

Guest karenalan

hehe. that was a total fluke that im on line tonight and an email came through to say there was a message on the link.

excellent im sure you will be able to tell me lots about gippsland that will be great. i got work and friends coming this week but when the kids are back next week it will be good to arrange something.

is you husband at the desal.

look forward to meeting you.

karen

Guest Natasha

haha i keep refreshing my emails and it pops up that you have replied :)

Not married yet :( unfortunately

He works for the school as the IT technician.

well i look forward to meeting up with you.

im going to sign off the forum for the night but be sure to email me

as i can reply straight off my phone :)

tashvanduren@gmail.com

look forward to hearing from you

Natasha:v_SPIN:

Archived