• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Results 1 to 10 of 15
    1. #1

      Title
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 2007
      Location
      wonthaggi , vic
      Posts
      13
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Blog Entries
      1

      Wonthaggi Victoria

      Hi
      We have just arrived in Wonthaggi and was wondering if any one living near would like to meet up.
      We have two children 9 and 11 they go to the local primary school which they have settled into really well.
      We are know looking for work ourselves ... The holiday is over, but life is one big holiday for us living here compared to the poor old UK . So if any one fancies a chat we would really love to hear from you .
      Amanda and Gary


    2. #2

      Title
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2009
      Posts
      6
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Hi ivejust seen your post, how have you got on in wonthaggi, we arrive there from the uk one month today, I'd love to hear what it's like
      best wishes Karen

    3. #3

      Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Location
      Melbourne
      Posts
      3,929
      Liked
      2354 times
      Rep
      Hi,

      We often go to Wonthaggi because we have a cottage down at Venus Bay. It's a great little town, isn't it? Will you be working at the desal plant? We always stock up with food at Aldi and Woolworths on the way through to the coast- not much down at Venus in the way of foodstores. Have you been down to Walkerville and/or the Prom yet? Beautiful.

    4. #4

      Title
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 2007
      Location
      wonthaggi , vic
      Posts
      13
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Blog Entries
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by starlight7 View Post
      Hi,

      We often go to Wonthaggi because we have a cottage down at Venus Bay. It's a great little town, isn't it? Will you be working at the desal plant? We always stock up with food at Aldi and Woolworths on the way through to the coast- not much down at Venus in the way of foodstores. Have you been down to Walkerville and/or the Prom yet? Beautiful.
      Hi, we have lived in Wonthaggi for over 3 years no it is a lovely part of the world to live in, no we don't work for the Desal, it was a shame it had to come here...Venus bay is lovely we offen pop that way for a swim in the summer.we camp at the prom every year and our friends have a house in walkerville its wonderful there so peaceful, so were do you live? How long have you been in OZ?
      Your have to pop in for a cuppa next time your down.
      Its sad but i love our Aldi you can get everything there, we are getting a Bunnings too this year yay..
      kind regards Amanda & Gary

    5. #5

      Title
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 2007
      Location
      wonthaggi , vic
      Posts
      13
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Blog Entries
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by karenalan View Post
      Hi ivejust seen your post, how have you got on in wonthaggi, we arrive there from the uk one month today, I'd love to hear what it's like
      best wishes Karen
      Hi
      i'm so sorry i've only just sen your message, are you still here ?
      i would love to catch up if you are?
      i,ve not been on here for years as you can see so sorryPlease let me know if your hear or were you ended up?
      kind regards
      Amanda

    6. #6

      Title
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2009
      Posts
      6
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep

      hello we arrive soon

      HI amanda. were not there yet, we arrive on the 2th feb. busy at home in the cold uk packing and getting ready. we cant wait. any info about the area schools etc would be fab. where did you come from before you arrived there. my husband is going to be working in kilcunda.

      ohhh i cant wait to get there, look forward to hearing from you soon

      karen

    7. #7

      Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Location
      Melbourne
      Posts
      3,929
      Liked
      2354 times
      Rep
      Hi cakebreads,

      We have been in Oz since 1975- most of our lives in fact! We live in Nth Croydon but the Venus Bay place is on 2nd Estate, Webster Ave. Walkerville has to be one of the most unexplored places I have come across and so lovely. Yay getting a Bunnings- the 'local' hardware stores round Venus Bay are soo expensive so that will be fantastic.

    8. #8

      Title
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 2007
      Location
      wonthaggi , vic
      Posts
      13
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Blog Entries
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by karenalan View Post
      HI amanda. were not there yet, we arrive on the 2th feb. busy at home in the cold uk packing and getting ready. we cant wait. any info about the area schools etc would be fab. where did you come from before you arrived there. my husband is going to be working in kilcunda.

      ohhh i cant wait to get there, look forward to hearing from you soon

      karen
      Hi Karen
      Wow Kilcunda is a beautiful place not much there, what is he going to be doing?
      have you found any where to live?
      we have3 Primary schools and one secondry school in the town.
      We came from Essex Clacton on sea?What about you ?
      When you arrive we'll meet up and i can tell you everything you need to know , just drop me a line, do you have any family hear? i'm excited for you, we knew know one when we moved here its a great place to lve and bring up kids , How many do you have? Its 33 today so pack some summer stuff but it does get very cold in winter here and wet, that was a bit of a shock for me but i used to it know lol .
      hope to chat soon amanda x

    9. #9

      Title
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 2007
      Location
      wonthaggi , vic
      Posts
      13
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Blog Entries
      1
      Gary my husband would like to live in venus bay , we have two teenage kids so i think it best to say near a town for the time being.
      we live in Kingston rd wonthaggi not far from the miners rest motel.i first moved here in 1996 i lived just off police rd but did not like the city much, i viist my friend in east malven most months .i glad you enjoy this part of victoria its vey special we love the prom, we off camping to waratha bay next weekend.
      kind regards Amanda

    10. #10

      Title
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2009
      Posts
      6
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by cakebreads View Post
      Hi Karen
      Wow Kilcunda is a beautiful place not much there, what is he going to be doing?
      have you found any where to live?
      we have3 Primary schools and one secondry school in the town.
      We came from Essex Clacton on sea?What about you ?
      When you arrive we'll meet up and i can tell you everything you need to know , just drop me a line, do you have any family hear? i'm excited for you, we knew know one when we moved here its a great place to lve and bring up kids , How many do you have? Its 33 today so pack some summer stuff but it does get very cold in winter here and wet, that was a bit of a shock for me but i used to it know lol .
      hope to chat soon amanda x
      hi amanda.

      we are finally here. been here a month now and just thought to have a look on poms in oz and saw your last reply. we are living in sth dudley. kids are settled in school and alan at work. its all just wonderful, were loving it... would love to meet up for a coffee , im sure you will be able to pass on loads of good info too. my email is karenireney@hotmail.com ( hope its ok to put an emial on here, not sure )

      regards karen

     

  •  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Golfers in Victoria
      By mazza007 in forum Welcome
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 04-10-2007, 12:54 PM
    2. Hello from Victoria
      By blondies in forum Welcome
      Replies: 23
      Last Post: 05-08-2007, 12:00 PM
    3. Where In Victoria?
      By cityboy in forum Victoria
      Replies: 12
      Last Post: 31-07-2007, 05:10 AM
    4. Driving in Victoria
      By Nelson in forum Victoria
      Replies: 13
      Last Post: 16-09-2006, 03:58 AM
    5. ANYONE FROM WALES GOING TO VICTORIA
      By abeattie in forum Victoria
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 22-09-2005, 08:26 PM

    Tags for this Thread

    Other AMF Group Forums: Perth Poms | Poms in Adelaide | Life in Queensland | Life in Victoria | Life in Sydney | British Expats Abroad

    Copyright © 2005 - 2014 PomsInOz.com
    All times are GMT. The time now is 09:36 PM.