Massive CRB problem

Guest AnubisUK

Guest AnubisUK

Hi everyone,

First of all, I just want to say a massive thanks to everyone for the help they've given me, as I only seem to be asking stuff at the moment. I do appreciate all the help!

Unfortunately I have a massive problem related to my teaching registration with the Victoria Teacher's Institute to do with my CRB checks. Because I've lived outside Australia the application form says I need to provide my CRB documents from my time in the UK, and the problem is I no longer have the official documents (lost in transit months ago). The main trouble is that you can't get re-prints of your CRBs, and I can't re-apply for an enhanced disclosure in the UK because I have no employer to counter sign it! I looked into Subject Access Reports that you get from the police but not sure if they'd be accepted.

Does anyone know if a basic disclosure would be accepted here, as I can still apply for one of those (I think! I need to call them tomorrow to check). If not, does anyone have any idea at all about what I could do?? Or have I just screwed myself out of any teaching work in Melbourne? :cry:

If the basic disclosure isn't enough I was hoping they might accept character references from the heads of the schools I taught at in the UK. I mean, if i'd failed my CRB check in the UK I wouldn't have gotten a job at those schools!!

If anyone has any ideas I would be so so grateful!!!

Guest TaniaandRob

You can get a CRB check without an employer. You need to contact the local police station where you last lived in the UK and they can organise it.

or

When we did our visa we were required to get an ACPO police check not a CRB. It costs you money but is also fast. They are specifically for visa applications but might also work for you if you can't manage to get your CRB. ACPO: Police Certificates

Guest AnubisUK
You can get a CRB check without an employer. You need to contact the local police station where you last lived in the UK and they can organise it.

or

When we did our visa we were required to get an ACPO police check not a CRB. It costs you money but is also fast. They are specifically for visa applications but might also work for you if you can't manage to get your CRB. ACPO: Police Certificates

Is that an enhanced disclosure I can get through the police? I thought the police version was the subject access report.

I'll look into the ACPO as well :smile:

Guest TaniaandRob

Is that an enhanced disclosure I can get through the police? I thought the police version was the subject access report.

I'll look into the ACPO as well :smile:

You can get a full enhanced disclosure - my husband currently works at the job centre and is getting his clients to get this in advance to better their job prospects. Good Luck.

Guest AnubisUK
You can get a full enhanced disclosure - my husband currently works at the job centre and is getting his clients to get this in advance to better their job prospects. Good Luck.

Oh brilliant!! Thank you :smile:

Archived