Couple in 30s looking for new friends in Sydney

Hi,

We have been living in Sydney for 3 years now and recently many of our close friends have decided to move back to the UK. We are wanting to meet some new couples of a similar age to us to meet up some weekends or for a meal or drinks in the week.

I am 34 and like golf, biking, surfing and going for drinks/food and my wife is 31 and has similar interests.

At the weekends we like to take our dog out walking then hit the beach followed by afternoon beers and chilling.

If you are a similar aged couple and fancy meeting up sometime then drop me a message and lets get something arranged.

• 1 month later...
Have a look at 'Meet Ups Sydney.' I just Googled it myself, and looked at a couple of the groups - bushwalking, and a social meet up group. There are lots of different interest groups on there.

http://www.meetup.com/cities/au/sydney/

Awesome link MR, I have checked out the Melbourne site as well and they also have some great clubs, I never knew they existed and have def. removed some of my fears about meeting new people in a totally new country.

Many thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Awesome link MR, I have checked out the Melbourne site as well and they also have some great clubs, I never knew they existed and have def. removed some of my fears about meeting new people in a totally new country.

Many thanks

I did a writing group through 'Meet Ups', and I've been meaning to join some other groups, eg, for bushwalking, which I used to do a few years back both in OZ, and in England (via The Ramblers in England's case!) I've been meaning, ever since I returned to Australia six years ago, to buy a bicycle, I loved cycling in England. In my defence, I don't like city cycling, and in England it was mostly in The New Forest.

I've 'pushed' myself to speak to people in the cafes, shops, and bars around my home in Surry Hills, and I've made, well a few acquaintances if you like, though some of them have become friends too. I was a little embarrassed, last night in the Strawberry Hills hotel, standing at the corner of the bar with my brother (just arrived from Asia), the bar packed with punters clamouring for service, the two barstaff working 'like one-armed wall-paper hangers' and both barstaff popping over to say 'want a beer, Dave?'

Pub trivia quizzes are a good way to help yourself become a 'local', and fun too. I do one at the Strawberry Hills hotel on Wednesdays at 7.30pm. There is another at the same time on Tuesdays in the Royal Exhibition, though I'm trying not to go to that one as I find two in a row too much.

Hey, myself and my partner have just moved from the uk to Sydney. We are both in our late 20s. If you and your wife want to grab a drink/dinner we would be happy to make some new friends. We are living in the eastern suburbs, so can get in and around Sydney. Let us know Emily and lewis.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Has anyone met up yet? There seems to be a fair few people in this situation do we all just want to descend on a pub and meet up sometime soon?

Hi Stuart

I'm up for this, and sounds like there may be a few others couples in the same boat too.

Why don't we try and arrange a meet up?

Me and my fiance have been in Sydney about eighteen months. Loving life over here but could do with a few more people to enjoy the city with.

We're free next Saturday night if anyone else is? A few drinks in the city perhaps?

So we can't do the following two Saturdays unfortunately.

The next Friday or Saturday night I could make is Fri 29 May or Sat 30 May. Alternatively we could do this Sunday.

Ia anyone else up for arranging a meet up?

• 2 weeks later...