Shipping Inventory - how detailed?

greenrobert

We are moving to Perth in December and will be shipping our stuff out in a 20ft container. We are self packing as we have a friend who is in the freight business who has given us a great price for the shipping.

My question is how detailed does the inventory need to be? Doe we need to list every item of clothing in each box? Or is it just a case of giving an overview of each box. I had planned to list each item, print it off and stick a copy to the box, but not sure if its needed?

Also, I have several bottles of Gin which I was hoping to bring (won't get to drink it all before I go, especially now it soooooo cold!!). Anyone know if this will be ok, its the only 'food' item which I will be bringing. I was looking forward to a nice G&T in the Perth summer!! :wink:

TIA!

We listed by box, not item. So box of clothes was 'clothes', shoes 'shoes' and so on. Kitchen stuff 'kitchen items' with a short rundown, small kitchen electricals, crockery, pans. Kids toys 'kids toys'. And so on

Ensure you pack and label Xmas decs clearly. No cones, berries etc, even fake

You'll have to declare the booze. Not sure it's worth it tbh. Not sure what the charges on it will be.

Edited by Guest
Added a line