TAKING THE TOOLS !!

calNgary

Hiya i was wondering if anyone knew the rules regarding taking tools to Oz.My hubby(nearly) is a mechanic and the job he has been offered would mean taking alot of his own tools the problem im thinking of is how clean do they have to be? you read that everything must be mint but even with a good de-greasing you cant get well used tools etc looking shiny new,i would hate to be hammered with a huge bill on arrival for extra cleaning .Also does anyone know if you can lock them in a 'shiny new' toolbox or will you have to leave it un-locked,i hope this makes sense and any advice gladly accepted,,

thanks

Cal x

Guest forshac

:shock: Nice one Cal..We have the same dilemma. Hubby is also a tech and the tool box stands 5ft by 3ft and there is a hell of alot of tools in there if we had to clean them!!

We have home assessment arranged by Pickfords in the next couple of weeks, so hoping they will be able to advice.

Guest Alison1967

Our shipper told us not to worry about a bit of rust they are more bothered with soil, grease etc.

So make sure they are clean because they will check them

Ali

one other thing i also thought of was the weight ,all estimates seem to be by size and say weight dosnt matter but the tool box is going to be so heavy as anyone taken anything heavy or know what the score is ,

thanks guys

Cal x

Guest Missiemo

Hi Cal

I am sure grease and oil should not be a problem, hubby is a builder so you can see what a worry we have as well.

mo

x

Guest Alison1967
Hi Cal

I am sure grease and oil should not be a problem, hubby is a builder so you can see what a worry we have as well.

mo

x

A lot of people put their tools (within reason) in the dishwasher and use jeyes fluid to clean them. Good luck with yours and Cals as well.

Ali

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Hunter

Hey, they have to be shiny clean unfortunatly, do not worry about the weight but make sure the removal firm are aware of it, they can bring skids or sack trucks, or 3 man lift, but tell them and ask how they will do it, you do not want them dropping it when they load the container. Please do not only get one company to quote esp Pickfords! Try GB Linners or esp Britannia

Archived