Skilled Migrant

Guest sabink

Guest sabink

Hi

We want to emigrate to Aus from the UK, and are both 25. We are due to marry in 2006. I have a 1st class honours degree in IT and my partner has a masters in Human Resources. We are wondering whether to employ a migration agent to help us along.

Would appreciate advice on whether you think we stand a good chance or not

Karl and Liz

Very good chance,

I wouldn't go down the route of using an agent unless you have complications, try the points test online for skilled migration, the who process should be a breeze! 8)

Guest sabink

are you told quite quickly whether you are accepted or not, i know the process takes around 15months upwards - but it would be quite disheartening to get 15 months down the track and then be rejected

Guest mandy00

Hiya Sabink, Dont worry you can do it all yourself. Just go to the DIMIA website and its all there, everything, all the forms to print off , ie, the skill assessment form, the main visa application form (47SK) form 80, form 47A, ect ect. Agents are not worth it really as you have to get all the info anyway. Look on the migrating section of the DIMIA website and go from there. Let me know how you get on.

See ya

Guest sabink

i currenty only have 2 years work experience since qualifying, but 1 years paid work placement from Uni - do we have to wait for the 3 years experience?

Guest mandy00

Morning Sabink,

I think its qualifications or experience not both, check it out, look at booklet 6 on DIMIA i think, well its somewhere on there. Speak soon.

Guest sabink

thats good then, ill check out this

with my qualification, and my partners get 135 point on the points test - without filling in the xperience part

thats promising

the only bad thing now is I currently have high blood pressure, and am contracting - so my employer (HAYS) cannot give me a job based reference for my skills assessment. They can only say how long Ive worked under Hays

Guest mandy00

Hiya,

Thats ok all you need is a ref from employers to say when you started and your job description as detailed as poss. get as many ref as you can dating back to when you left school ( how crap i know) dont worry about your partner unless you need to, to get the points. and photocopy everything about 5 times before you cetify them, ill tell you more about that nearer the time!!

See ya

Archived