moving to brisbane

Guest stury01

Guest stury01

Stephen Ruth & 3 kid moving to brisbane arrive 17th nov 06.

dose anyone know is there a meet and greet policy in Brisbane? as we are moving out blind.

Also we have heard that you need references to rent property where do we get references from :?:

Guest itchyfeet
Stephen Ruth & 3 kid moving to brisbane arrive 17th nov 06.

dose anyone know is there a meet and greet policy in Brisbane? as we are moving out blind.

Also we have heard that you need references to rent property where do we get references from :?:

No meet n greet that we know of, we booked temporary accom to start with then took out a 6 month rental got a referance from temp accom owner.

You will find it hard to book long term rental from the UK as it is all quite fast moving there was less than a week from been accepted for house to moving in.

You need 100 points to rent (although a large bond goes a long way)

Guest Ash & Keith

Hi, just to let you know that a company called Brisbane Bound do a meet n greet service in Brisbane. They have a few houses that they rent out, do pick ups from the airport and provide you with some local info. They have a good website explaining everything they provide, prices etc at brisbanebound.com. We are hoping to use them in April when we go over to have a look around. Hope this helps,

Ashleighx

Guest stury01

Thanks. This is really useful information. Any other information is very gratefully received as we have never been.

• 2 years later...
Guest nataliedraper@fsmail.net

Hi everyone, :hug:

I have just got a Nursing job in Brisbane and want to be near a beach town. Have 3 kids all under 10. Where is the nearest beach town to Brisbane (princess Alexandra hospital) Dont want mad city life, but not wanting to retire just yet either!!! Am a 35 yr old from Eastbourne bur originally fromSouthport Lancs. Have no idea where to base myself was thinking Caloundra. Am I mad to think I can do the commute....I really want the laid back beach town, thinking can always change my job to a local hospital, once I have residency, rather than moving home and schools. what thinketh you lot ?:wub:

Guest DadAgain
Hi everyone,

I have just got a Nursing job in Brisbane and want to be near a beach town. ...Have no idea where to base myself was thinking Caloundra. Am I mad to think I can do the commute...

Yes mad... Caloundra to the PA is an EVIL commute just dont do it. If you dont mind a commute and you want a 'real' beach then heading south to GoldCost would make more sense - but still not a pleasant commute. (Although nursing hours of 6:45am or 2:45pm starts means you'll avoid the worst).

If by 'beach' you just mean close to water then Brisbane's bayside suburbs may well be the go - you could easily find something withing 5 minutes drive of the water and still be within 30 mins commute of the PA.

If you want meet and geet - just make a few friends on here (or on 'BE' - oops shoudlnt mention the 'oposition' forum shoudl I? :frown:) - and you might be surprised at how many people are happy to show you around.

I'd love to show people around Brisbane - but they'd have to have transport of their own, arrive on a Sunday when the wife was working and NOT expect me to meet them at the airport for a 6am flight!!!.... If you can put ticks in all those boxes, I'll gladly do the 'tour guide' bit (for free) - it'd give me a chance to get out of the house and remind myself of how exciting Brisbane can be! :jiggy:

Thank you !thats great, am a new member to this forum but its fab for no nonsense info. what beach suburbs on the gold coast could you reccommend ? Am soooo excited, only ever been too Sydney and Melbourne before. Just want to find a nice suburb to base myself in for first month while we investigate around.

Natalie

Guest Shandell
Hi everyone, :hug:

I have just got a Nursing job in Brisbane and want to be near a beach town. Have 3 kids all under 10. Where is the nearest beach town to Brisbane (princess Alexandra hospital) Dont want mad city life, but not wanting to retire just yet either!!! Am a 35 yr old from Eastbourne bur originally fromSouthport Lancs. Have no idea where to base myself was thinking Caloundra. Am I mad to think I can do the commute....I really want the laid back beach town, thinking can always change my job to a local hospital, once I have residency, rather than moving home and schools. what thinketh you lot ?:wub:

Natalie

Just be careful - Princess Alexander hospital is in Wolloongabba and it is an inner city subburb - Gold Coast is about 50 minutes drive away - public transport is great, but it is still about 50 minutes to work and back everyday to consider - feel free to PM me

Regards

Shandell

Woolloongabba | ourbrisbane.com

Thanks, Is there much in it between the Gold coast and The sunshine coast, I know Sunshine is less commercial but surely there is good and bad in both. have said that will be prepared to do one hours drive/travel to work. Am having a month to investigate all areas before I start work, Its so hard to know where to start, I just want a beach nearby and a laid back life.

Natalie

Archived