Forest Lake

Guest Mrs C

Hi All,

Can anyone out there tell us what it is like in Forest Lake?

We have three teenagers and were wondering if it is suitable there for them?

Obviously we want to make our move as stress less for everyone and would really like to settle quickly rather than going from place to place.

Any suggestions on other area's would be apreciated!

Thanks April Croydon

Hi All,

Can anyone out there tell us what it is like in Forest Lake?

We have three teenagers and were wondering if it is suitable there for them?

Obviously we want to make our move as stress less for everyone and would really like to settle quickly rather than going from place to place.

Any suggestions on other area's would be apreciated!

Thanks April Croydon

FOREST LAKE WHERE ?

Hi Keily,

I'm not sure it is just that we are looking on Harcourts Real Estate and nice houses in Forest Lake come up. Hubbie was just curious and wanted a rough idea of the area! Is Forest lake a BIG place then?

Although we want to live in Australia we have never been yet! I know it is a jumb but Rich was born there and left at the age of three. I can go on a Spouse Visa, so thought why not!

Thanks a lot April

Hi Keily,

I'm not sure it is just that we are looking on Harcourts Real Estate and nice houses in Forest Lake come up. Hubbie was just curious and wanted a rough idea of the area! Is Forest lake a BIG place then?

Although we want to live in Australia we have never been yet! I know it is a jumb but Rich was born there and left at the age of three. I can go on a Spouse Visa, so thought why not!

Thanks a lot April

SORRY APRIL I SHOULD OF SAID WHAT STATE IN OZ ... AS MY FRIEND STAYS IN FOREST LAKES IN PERTH :twitcy:

Good Day April

Can't speak from experience but this is what I found out for you

Forest Lake is roughly 18km from Brisbane’s CBD. Over 51% of households in this area are comprised of couples with children, 31% are couples without children and over 15% are single parent families. Stand-alone houses account for 98% of all dwellings in this area. Forest Lake is a master planned community with plenty of lakes, parks and bike trails. Houses in this area are modern brick and tile structures, and the blocks are medium to large sized. The median house price in Forest Lake in 2006 was $290,000.

Eating and drinking There are plenty of great dining options around Forest Lake. If you’re looking for a local café, take-away, pub or restaurant you’ll find it here. Shopping Forest Court, Forest Fair and Forest Lake Village are all close by and will more than cover your general shopping needs. Education If you're looking for playgroups, childcare, kindergartens or schools in this area, you'll find them here. Leisure Check out this section for things to do in your spare time. There's sport, leisure activities, local events and more.

Rhonda says:
Birds singing, ducks on the lake. Markets to browse through, or a coffee by the lake. Shoppers with a smile, a lazy drink at the pub. Tranquil settings and wildlife galore, anywhere else must truly be a bore!

Community & Government Government offices, local libraries, churches, volunteer organisations, ward offices and more - if you're after contact information for government and community organisations, this is the place to start.

Hope it helps, and don't say my inks gone invisible on you again LOL

:wubclub:

Forest lakes is a massive purpose built estate .Dosnt seem too bad a place to be ,although it can be known as little england due to the amount of english folks living there.It dosnt hit the news and you dont hear many bad reports ,some people think its a little'squashed' in but that depends what you want ,hope this helps a bit

Cal x

Archived