Processing Times

Guest The T's

Guest The T's

Please could someone help me with this question as i'm confused.

What does it mean by the receipting of the application and the acknowledging of the application and when during this time does the money get taken?

Nikki :huh:

Guest nic_adam

Hi there,

receipting of the application usually happens within a couple of weeks, this just means they've got it ok.

acknowledging means they've had a glance over it and your application is valid, and you're in line for a CO (case officer). The money can be taken at different times - ours was about a month after receipt but it varies a lot.

Nic

x

Guest claire&fred
Hi there,

receipting of the application usually happens within a couple of weeks, this just means they've got it ok.

acknowledging means they've had a glance over it and your application is valid, and you're in line for a CO (case officer). The money can be taken at different times - ours was about a month after receipt but it varies a lot.

Nic

x

Hi

How do they receipt the application? We are with an agent, will the receipt come via them or by post or to my email address? My application was lodged on 29 August and have not heard anything yet, but that could be due to the backlogs.

Thanks

Claire.

Guest 8788jt

Hi

We didn't get a receipt for the application. After the payment was taken was credit card (which only took a few days) we didn't get our acknowledgment til about 3 months after sending the visa application.

There does seem to be differences between different cases.

Good luck - Joanne

Guest nic_adam

the receipt comes via email, either to you, or if you have agreed for all correspondence to be with your agent, it will go to them and get passed on to you.

nic

• 4 years later...
Guest brazilian angel

Hi,

I have lodged my mirgration subclass 100/309 visa application in October 2011 to Australia High Commission in London.

I'ved received confirmation from my case officer that my application has been received and that it would be processed as quickly as possible. I've had my medicals, police cleareance and have submitted all of the necessary paperwork that they have asked on the application form.

I was told that normal processing times would between 5-7 months. Is there a way to speed up the process?

I would like to know if anyone had applied for the same kind of visa this year and how long it had taken for their visa to be approved?

My Australian husband's father has passed away earlier this year and his mother is in Australia by herself and we are the only family that we've got left hence the reason why we have decided to emigrate to Australia.

Surely there's got to be a way to speed up the progress for my visa to approved sooner rather then later?

If anyone has been in a similar situtation, I would kindly appreciate with any suggestions that could help.

Many thanks:cute:

Guest LauraDG

Hi - I just thought I'd share my experience of obtaining at 457 visa. I booked my flights to Oz for 15 Jan 2012 but my sponserer only submitted the nomination on the 29th of November. I was in a bit of a panic because I read it takes an average of 6 weeks to process and I had approx 6 weeks but over christmas. The nomination was submitted on the 29th of November online, I submitted my visa application online on the 2nd Dec. The Nomination was approved on the 2nd of Nov, and my visa application was approved on the 7 Dec. So overall it took 9 days, which I thought was pretty good!

Archived