Great Days Out in Australia 2011

PontePom

I think it would be great to have members experiences of days out they've had this year and maybe start a new thread each year if this one is popular...

I'll start with a day out we've had today for my 46th Birthday

We drove down the Gold Coast to Coolangatta and had a cappuccino looking out to the sea.

Then we drove to Captain Cook Memorial at Point danger lookout where the views are just fantastic

image1t.jpg

img5682b.jpg

img5658cq.jpg

Surfers making me jealous lol

img5689w.jpg

img5220.jpg

Even posted one of me... No jokes please lol

img5672.jpg

We then drove around to snapper rocks

img5698m.jpg

img5739.jpg

img5735uo.jpg

Then we moved back up the coast to Currumbin and stopped an ate at Currumbin Beach Vikings club right on the beach and the food was out of this world. Didn't have to be a member just sign in as a visitor showing driving license. See next picture to see where it is...

Here's the menu

http://supporters.currumbinslsc.com.au/2010/12/20/brand-new-menu/

img5293k.jpg

Currumbin Rock

img5320fb.jpg

A great day out and only a 30 minutes drive away.

Plenty of room to park as is always the case whatever the day.

We had a fantastic day out and it was a perfect day to celebrate my 46th Birthday.

Pam says the Fisherman's basket she had was the best meal she's had in Australia so far :-) Called in at the cheesecake shop for a treat on the way home.

Here's the menu

http://supporters.currumbinslsc.com.au/2010/12/20/brand-new-menu/

So what great days out have you had this year?

Get on posting so others can get idea's for future outings

Howard

image1t.jpg

Hi Howard

HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Haven't been too far as yet, but did have nice day out at Fremantle last Saturday. Had fish and chips at Kalis Bros. Good food. Then went for a walk around the markets, after that down to the beach and had a wander on the sand. Think this is great idea for a post as will give people like us who have only arrived an idea of where to go for a nice day out.

Liz x

Archived