Increasing Credit Rating

Krystaltips

Credit ratings work differently to the UK. Technically you start off with a perfect rating and then get scored downwards not the other way around. You can open an account from the Uk but there is no point sending payments until you are ready. You may have trouble getting credit cards and finance for the first 6 months until you have a salary history but such is one of the problems with moving countries.

Credit ratings work differently to the UK. Technically you start off with a perfect rating and then get scored downwards not the other way around. You can open an account from the Uk but there is no point sending payments until you are ready. You may have trouble getting credit cards and finance for the first 6 months until you have a salary history but such is one of the problems with moving countries.

Ok, so that's not so bad. I thought it would be the other way round. Does using your account from the UK (making transfer's etc) actually up your credit rating though?

The way Australia handles credit is changing (not for the better some would say): http://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/laws-expose-credit-history-064914555.html

Interesting, looks like it will be a similar system to that of the UK, pros & cons to it, but I'm assuming this wont effect us initially until we're further down the line and have built up some actual Aus based credit history?

A finance company is an organisation that has your interest at heart.

That wouldn't be my definition lol!