Getting a Second WHV without Fruit Picking? Impossible?

Guest smalltime23

Guest smalltime23

Hi

I have recently been told by my empolyer of 10 months that I wont be taken on furrther and given a 457 Visa. :err:

Now Iv settled with Renting / Car / Social life I'm in a tizz because I will have to go home in 10 weeks??

I cant possibly do the Farming in that time?

Are there any other ways of gaining a second WHV Visa? Or extending my Stay considerably?

Thanks in Advance

Guest jsmithjsmith

So you have been working for your current employer for 10 months??

You are only allowed to work for 6 months with each employer on a working holiday visa.

You could always look else where for a 457, or get your self fruit picking asap! mind you I think it has to be 3 months and 10 weeks isnt quite 3 months,

But im no expert and may well be wrong!

Good Luck :)

Guest smalltime23

Hm thanks for the feedback. For the first couple of months there I was just paid cash so that the '6 months - one employer' would still be ok By January when I needed to have my new VISA.

I'm a professional Soccer Coach and I'm getting job offers But not sure IF anyone will offer a 457 as it has to fall within the minimum wage of $47,500 per year . Huff

Guest wanderer

It is not just fruit picking work these days but is called specific work and covers quite a range.

Have a look at Working Holiday Visa (Subclass 417) and if by chance your work has been regional and specific, perhaps you may stand a chance.

Otherwise, it's not looking good other than a 457 if you have appropriate eligibility.

Guest jsmithjsmith
Hm thanks for the feedback. For the first couple of months there I was just paid cash so that the '6 months - one employer' would still be ok By January when I needed to have my new VISA.

I'm a professional Soccer Coach and I'm getting job offers But not sure IF anyone will offer a 457 as it has to fall within the minimum wage of $47,500 per year . Huff

Well you should just get you cv out everywhere, email it every where you can think of, are you working as a soccer coach now? you could always ask them again and offer to pay for any fees etc, the fees are not huge for a 457 anyway.

Guest smalltime23

Ah well I'm sure If I mentioned that I could Pay then that wouldn't be too much if an Issue?

Would it be troublesome for a Soccer team to register themselves for a 457 or could I process the paperwork on their behalf?

Thanks for the feedback again!!

Archived