189 October 2014 lodge gang

Zeebeth

Hey guys,

I can't see a thread for those of us lodging in October, so I've started this one.

Hubby and I have lodged our 189 today and will be front loading the docs tomorrow, sending off for our PCC' s in the next week and have our medical booked for the end of the month. We are hoping for a direct grant (and hoping we get it by Christmas).

Hoping that others lodging this month could add their progress so we can see when people start getting their grants!

Hi all

Received my invite today and in process of completing application.

Wasn't sure on the education section if I had to go as far as including GCSES and Alevels. Its also very difficult to recall exact dates of study and employment history for that matter.

I am currently in Aus on a WHV, living and working in sunny Darwin.

Good luck to all hopefully October will be the lucky month and we don't have to wait too long for CO allocation

Cheers

Vic

We are hoping to move Sep 2015. Thinking we will end up in Adelaide but are heading over in March to do a rekki so may discover a better place.

Vic - when entering our qualifications we entered our highest ones and then anything relevant. In hubby's case this was his degree and professional qualification. In my case it was A-Levels, a complete accounting qualification and another part completed qualification (currently studying towards it now). My view is they aren't going to be interested in the C in History you got a GCSE if you are now working doing something totally different! I could be wrong on this but that's my view. On a Esperanto note how is Darwin? Do you find it really hot?

Sahew - depends on employment pathway really. If I transfer with my company, it will most likely be N. Sydney but if not, we have quite a long "short list" of places we would be happy settling - most likely somewhere on the boomerang coast with Adelaide and Brisbane being lower on the list.

We have carried out two reccie visits and spent a fair amount of time travelling around - our view is that they all have their ups and downs and ultimately finding work will drive the location.

RE - Submitting documents we are in a similar position but have decided to play it safe and submit everything of o/hs from GCSEs - MScs. What is there to hide! I would give IMMI a call they are easy to get in touch with and its free advice over and above all their literature online.

Thanks for the advice.

I am happy to submit all the info just worried about dates as I can't even remember the date I started my Alevels, hopefully this will not matter too much if your slightly wrong.

Darwin is great, it is the beginning of the wet season now although there has not been any rain (for the last 4months that I have been here) it is starting to really get warm, however I would rather be warm that be in the UK freezing. Darwin's 'dry season' was amazing, no rain, clear blue skies and sun every day. We initially tried to settle in Northern Queensland (however really struggled to find work) and the unpredictable weather was a little bit annoying, at least with Darwin you know what your getting!

Cheers