187 questions

hi there,

my employer is going to nominate me on the 186 direct entry visa, as a bricklayer.

I previously did my skills assesment although it doesnt ask for it on this visa, but i was originally going to go down another route!!!

we have filled the application online,i have filled the form 80 out.

he has gathered all evidence proving he is a trading business, also employing austrailian workers and he has a austrailian apprentice,his insurances and the wages are all above board.

i have job contract my resume and trade cirts.

i think we are pretty much ready to submit the application, just a confused where people are saying they got the employer approved 1st, then got there application in?

i was planning on submitting everything, forms and evidance at once, along with the payment? is this the correct way of doing things??

i will then be put onto a bridging visa according to immergration and was planning on getting my police checks and medical (if needed) after??

am i going down the correct road??

any advice would be a massive help!

thanks in advance!

hi there,

my employer is going to nominate me on the 186 direct entry visa, as a bricklayer.

I previously did my skills assesment although it doesnt ask for it on this visa, but i was originally going to go down another route!!!

he has gathered all evidence proving he is a trading business, also employing austrailian workers and he has a austrailian apprentice,his insurances and the wages are all above board.

i think we are pretty much ready to submit the application, just a confused where people are saying they got the employer approved 1st, then got there application in?

i was planning on submitting everything, forms and evidance at once, along with the payment? is this the correct way of doing things??

i will then be put onto a bridging visa according to immergration and was planning on getting my police checks and medical (if needed) after??

thanks in advance!

Need to start your own thread as not related to OPs and I don't think OP really finished yet.

hi there,

thanks in advance!

OK will comment now, didn't want to take the other thread off topic.

It is up to you if you lodge all at once or in stages, but you need to know that if the nomination / business approval is not obtained, then you will have lost your visa application money. So personally being risk adverse, I would get that through first and only make my application then.

You say this is your employer, so you are already on a visa. As such there would be no bridging visa unless the visa you are on expires. I am not sure why this matters anyway, since you already are working on a visa, is that the 457?

thanks for your reply,

i am currently on my 2nd year working holiday visa, which expires on september 11th, so i really need to get my application in, i can then go onto a bridging visa.

its only a small bricklaying firm, but everything is above board so it should be ok?

have you done a 186 application, any advice i can get is needed!!haha

thank you