EOI confusion

retroactive

Hello everyone.

Just a few EOI related questions that I seem to be stuck at. I'd really appreciate it if somebody could clear them up.

Education:

I'm an ACCA member and have had my qualifications assessed by IPA as equivalent to a Bachelors degree. Some of the questions popping into my head are as follows:

- Should I state my educational qualification (ACCA) as equivalent to a Bachelors degree (Other) or a Bachelors degree (Business, IT etc.) because the IPA guys simply stated it as a Bachelors degree?

- Do I need to list all secondary and post secondary qualifications including any credits I received from the ACCA for prior learning? I mean do I start off with my GCE O AND A Levels?

- I have recently been awarded a Bachelors degree by Oxford Brookes University (UK) but including it would mean again getting it assessed and I don't think it'd help me in my points tally, so can I just skip it?

- Is it me or does the EOI form character limit really restrictive cos I can't even put in the full form of ACCA and the reference number provided by IPA?

Experience:

I have been working in the same department for more than a decade in one organization. Although I have had my designations changed (Officer -Internal Audit officer, Sr. Officer -Internal Audit, AVP, VP) but my core responsibilities have not altered a great deal.

- Do I need to list down all the different designations (which would have similar responsibilities in the employer reference letter subsequently) or should I just put in a single entry with my latest designation for the entire time period?

- I understand my experience won't get me any points as I only have 1 year of post qualification experience but I still think the experience section should include all work experience - both pre and post qualification.

Apologies for the long post and would appreciate a quick response to get my EOI submission going.

Edited by retroactive

• 1 year later...
Hello everyone.

Just a few EOI related questions that I seem to be stuck at. I'd really appreciate it if somebody could clear them up.

Education:

I'm an ACCA member and have had my qualifications assessed by IPA as equivalent to a Bachelors degree. Some of the questions popping into my head are as follows:

- Should I state my educational qualification (ACCA) as equivalent to a Bachelors degree (Other) or a Bachelors degree (Business, IT etc.) because the IPA guys simply stated it as a Bachelors degree?

- Do I need to list all secondary and post secondary qualifications including any credits I received from the ACCA for prior learning? I mean do I start off with my GCE O AND A Levels?

- I have recently been awarded a Bachelors degree by Oxford Brookes University (UK) but including it would mean again getting it assessed and I don't think it'd help me in my points tally, so can I just skip it?

- Is it me or does the EOI form character limit really restrictive cos I can't even put in the full form of ACCA and the reference number provided by IPA?

Did you ever find out the answers to your questions? I have just submitted my EOI, but I was unsure about whether it would be Bachelors degree (Other) or Bachelors degree (Business, etc). I was also confused about what to put as the 'course name' as there isn't really a course name, so I said 'Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA)'. Any thoughts on whether this is correct? Any other ACCA members out there who might be able to shed some light please?

• 4 weeks later...