Ceiling fixers and TRA's and Vetassess etc....

Guest xLoobyx

Guest xLoobyx

We are considering the move and I have been reading alot on here. The main question that I have is.....

My OH is a ceiling fixer, which is a fibrous plasterer in Oz I gather, well will we have to do both a TRA and the vetassess?

Also what does it entail and I was also wondering would he have to do a course to prove his skills as he is has experience alone.

And how much would all this roughly cost, I have read about an AQF, just a bit confused???:eek:

Thanks

Guest familywest

Hi,

we are 6 months down the line from lodging our visa, 2 years down the line from the very beggining off our Oz dream!. My OH (phil) has been a ceiling and wall liner for 22 years with only an NVQ 2 to his name. In May '08 he obtained an AQFlll from a company in Perth at the cost of £4000, this can be done a lot cheaper now! (£2K i have heard.) He did not need to do vetasess.

Hope this is a bit of help as i only have a minute at the mo' but would like to chat to you about our experience again if you think it would help.

Angela

:hug:

Hi, we have just started the process and we seem to be in a similar position. My hubby is a 'fibrous plasterer' with 12 years experioence and no quals. I looked into lots of ways and spoke with an agency. He has just started his AQF Level 111 with a training company called ACTS. It costs approx £2500 and he will hopefully have it completed by the end of March. WeE will then go to TRA and then we can apply for visas. The course consists of a health and safety work booklet and then a work booklet on ceiling and wall lining. He also has to be assessed by an aussie assesor who comes to your place of work. I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

Guest familywest

Hi, yes Phil got his AQFlll through ACTS. They charged us £750 application fee, £1500 Course assessment fee and £1500 course completion fee. £3750 in total.

Very nice helpfull couple of blokes. You will also have a years membership to some builders affiliation or something and their help and support to get you started when you get over to Perth or where ever else that they cover.

Angela

X

Guest xLoobyx

Thank you for your replies, it makes it so much easier just to ask humans lol!!! Its alright reading everything but it all seems to make more sense when people are going throught the same experience.

We are having to put all this on hold at the minute as courtesy of the lovely reccession OH has no work, which is not the most encouraging thing, but we will get there one day fingers crossed and all that!:wacko:

Archived