mobile and broadband

Guest neilalys

Guest neilalys

we ae moving to the caboolture area in next 12 weeks, and idea on best mobile signal, also broadband options we hope to be within 30km of this area and want to get organised asap, any advice welcome , do we buy new phones here or once there,

thanx neil:hug:

Guest guest30038

Don't buy new phones to come out with as many plans give you a phone for free. It depends on your emphasis and reliability on mobile phones. To be honest, it's economies of scale out here. Oz has a smaller population so plans are dearer, downloads (basic plans) are smaller, and it's more expensive to take a bigger download plan.

We have 3 phones on $20 buck monthly plans.........each gives us $15 bucks of free calls......two of the phones (the kids) allows them to ring the third phone for free (picking up from school, sports etc). We never pay a bill other than the 20 bucks monthly and the phones cost us nothing when we signed up.

Try and post exactly what you are looking for/expecting.

kev

Guest neilalys

the phone plans sounds good thanx for that , one thing lees to think about, need good broadband use skype video around 6 hrs a week and selling on line probably 4 hrs a day and kids on to, so looks like ill have to shop around. for broadband.

Guest guest30038
the phone plans sounds good thanx for that , one thing lees to think about, need good broadband use skype video around 6 hrs a week and selling on line probably 4 hrs a day and kids on to, so looks like ill have to shop around. for broadband.

Yeah, take your time............unlimited download plans are hard to find and having a kid with ipod touch can cost me a bomb if I don't watch what he's up to. I'm on a 20gig plan but once I exceed my download, they put me on dial-up speed but actually, it's heaps slower than the speed I remember when I was on dial up, so I think there's a bit of a con there to get you to buy more gig downloads.

kev

• 2 weeks later...
Guest funster

Hi,

For Broadband we use a company called TPG (www.tpg.com.au) we are on a 80GB download (split 45gb peak, 35gb off peak 4.00am-9.00am) 1500kb speed which costs $70.00p/m plus set up fees which I think was approx $100.00 inc modem. 4 computers in the house, kids on thiers all the time (so am I come to think of it) skype and downloads, as Kev said above if you exceed the download limit they slow your speed. Just remember every web page you view is downloaded and comes off of your allowance... the only site I have stopped them going on is youtube, as 10 x 3minute music vids a day make a dent in your limit!

Oh and you only have to sign a 6 month contract with them, which was a major factor for me!

Archived