Private or Public School - Buderium

Guest Shell15

Guest Shell15

Morning all!! We are moving over to Oz at the end of the year but coming over in May to tie up a few loose ends and confirm that Buderium QLD is where we want to live...well my husband wants too, I love it there and so don't need persuading!! More importantly also to check out schools for our 14 year old daughter. We have researched two in particular - Matthew Flinders & Sunshine Coast Grammar School, I have made appointments to visit each while out there in May. Our daughter currently attends a grammar school in the UK; we do not want her education to be affected by our move and so have focused mainly on private schools. It seems that Buderium is very popular with PIO and so was hoping someone could shed some light on this for me... Is private a far better education system than a public one? What are the public schools in Buderium like and if so what is the most popular one in this area?? We would much rather not pay fees if she is able to receive the same kind of education!

Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated

Michelle

• 4 months later...
Guest luckylady
Morning all!! We are moving over to Oz at the end of the year but coming over in May to tie up a few loose ends and confirm that Buderium QLD is where we want to live...well my husband wants too, I love it there and so don't need persuading!! More importantly also to check out schools for our 14 year old daughter. We have researched two in particular - Matthew Flinders & Sunshine Coast Grammar School, I have made appointments to visit each while out there in May. Our daughter currently attends a grammar school in the UK; we do not want her education to be affected by our move and so have focused mainly on private schools. It seems that Buderium is very popular with PIO and so was hoping someone could shed some light on this for me... Is private a far better education system than a public one? What are the public schools in Buderium like and if so what is the most popular one in this area?? We would much rather not pay fees if she is able to receive the same kind of education!

Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated

Michelle

Hi Michelle,

I was just wondering how you got on with your search for a school as I have a 15 year old daughter. Have you moved yet?

We are planning to move in the next couple of months to the Sunshine Coast, so would be very interested to hear from you.

Thanks

Rachel

Guest Shell15

Hi luckylady, we move on Oct 2nd to Coolum Beach. We were originally going to move to buderium but after a reccie in May we changed our minds. We did have a look at Matthew Flinders in Buderium - wow!! Very impressive and had we decided on Buderium then our daughter would be going there! We also looked at sunshine coast grammar which was nice as well, cheaper but not as much to offer as MF. Our daughter will be going to a school near Noosa called 'The Good Shepherd', it seems to be a favorite with alot of the locals.

How are your plans coming along?

Edited by Shell15

Guest luckylady
Hi luckylady, we move on Oct 2nd to Coolum Beach. We were originally going to move to buderium but after a reccie in May we changed our minds. We did have a look at Matthew Flinders in Buderium - wow!! Very impressive and had we decided on Buderium then our daughter would be going there! We also looked at sunshine coast grammar which was nice as well, cheaper but not as much to offer as MF. Our daughter will be going to a school near Noosa called 'The Good Shepherd', it seems to be a favorite with alot of the locals.

How are your plans coming along?

Thanks for the quick reply!!

We are planning to leave here end of September / early October but haven't booked the flights yet as the house sale looked like it might fall through.

How are you finding Noosa?? I love the area, we have been there a few times on holiday.

Would you mind if I sent you a PM if I have any questions? My head is spinning at the moment!!

Guest Shell15

Noosa is lovely, in fact the sunshine coast for me is beautiful! I would be happy any where in the area.. However it is just that little bit more special around Coolum and beyond. We have not moved yet but will be around the same time as you :) and yes our heads are spinning as well. Happy excited sad and skeptical... Not in that particluar order but very mixed emotions! Every one tells me its normal :) Please do pm me if you have any questions..

Edited by Shell15