Packing list

HarrietE

Hi Guys

I don't know if theres already a thread on this but I can't seem to find one. I have got my backpack now, I just don't know what to put in it. I've read loads of different kit list type things but just wondered what everyone else thought? I haven't got a return ticket so don't know how long my trip is for but starting off for a year or 2. Anyone got a rough list on what to take/what not to take etc

Thanks

Hey!! I go in a month, I'm not really sure what to take but I'm taking like things for all weathers, so just 'everything' - such as jeans. 1 jumper (if i need another one i can buy one out there), tops, shorts etc.. just the usual things. Flip flops (if you wear them), nice pair of sandly type shoes and some comfy shoes /converse / etc!! Thats kind of what I'm taking. Then obviously you need to remember the basic stuff like passport, money, visa printed out, medicare form, bank details (if you have set one up), flights, hostel booking printed out, a copy of your passport, any certificates u may need copied, tell your UK bank you are going australia? if you plan to use your card out there, check your phone (if you are taking it) will work over in oz.. if you need any travel insurance take a copy of this!!

this is just a brief list for me but though I'd share!! xx

Guest guest90395

Hi, I did a year out so a couple of things I'd recommend:

flip flops to wear in, to and from, the shower in hostels

a toiletries bag - as you will need to carry everything back and forth from the showers - the roll up ones are good

a quick drying travel towel, takes up less space and also you don't want to be putting a wet towel in your rucksack

small torch

a day pack with a rain cover

Hi Harriet!

Packing is probably my favorite topic, so I'll try to keep it short. Bring as LITTLE as reasonably possible. I brought an entire backpack full stuff "just in case" over with me, which I usually NEVER do traveling. I carried most of it around forever, not using it, until I finally donated the majority to the op shops!

If I had to do it over again, I would follow this advice (see #4): http://halftheclothes.com/australia-working-holiday-visa-checklist/

Hope that helps!