Au pair or farm work first???

Alix Fisher

Hi. Really undecided what to do, I come in September and not sure whether to do farm work first or Au Pairing. I'm not coming skint but I don't wanna spend all my money on rent and stuff before I've even managed to get farm work. I'm not in any massive rush to get my farm work done BUT I don't want to cut myself short.

The wage for Au Pairing would be $1000 a month plus extra hours if I need it to earn more money, live in house with no bills basically. I was thinking of doing it for a few months (say till mid December) then in the new year find farm work and hope to get it complete by end of march beginning of April. What do people think? Ditch the Au and do farm work straight away?? The Au Pairing would allow me to have weekends off to go and travel and sight see etc. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!! Sorry for the long post but I'm torn :( xxxx

I'd want to get the farm work out of the way, you don't know what will happen later on, might meet some great people, get into a house share you like, meet the man of your dreams and not want to do it later! But both options sound fine. Maybe look into the seasonality of the work and see which time is better for the regional work and let that be deciding factor?